No announcement yet.

Fx4 = 4x4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put some Bilstein 5100s on front to level it out. Better shocks and looks better.

Comment

I currently have an FX4 and it has been a great truck. You can drive 60 to 70 mphs on a dirt road!

Comment

Ok guys. I would like larger wheels and maybe some type of lift. I don't know anything about that stuff, but would love suggestions. I like the all black look. Black rims, brush guard etc. I don't know if this is the truck for that, but I'm hoping it is. I don't pull a lot so an F150 should be fine. I would like to run the lease roads so a bumper and light bar or spotlight would be going on it. After all I do live in East Texas.

Comment

Like said above FX4 is a package, I have a 2014 I just bought. Really it is not much of an off-road package as it is looks and feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
            Like said above FX4 is a package, I have a 2014 I just bought. Really it is not much of an off-road package as it is looks and feature.
            Well dang it says fx4 off road on it

Comment

I am picking up my 2014 fx4 Saturday I'm getting a leveling kit and Nittos put on it. Gonna look nice but really the ecoboost is what sold me.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                Fx4 is 4x4 with better interior and a few off road upgrades like skid plates.
                This^^^

Comment

The main difference between the FX4 and the 4x4 ..... As far as off-road is concerned..... Is the skid plates on the FX4
                  My F250 is the FX4 and I love that dang truck
                  Last edited by K. Lane; 01-17-2015, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Don't waste your money on the Bilstiens. I have em on my truck right now. Front spacers are much cheaper and produce the same lift. And I prefer the ride of factory shocks with spacers over the Bilstiens. My truck with the Bilstiens will flat beat you up on a bumpy road!

Comment

Originally posted by Beans View Post
                      I am picking up my 2014 fx4 Saturday I'm getting a leveling kit and Nittos put on it. Gonna look nice but really the ecoboost is what sold me.
                      Are you having the dealer install the leveling kit or an outside business?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
                        Don't waste your money on the Bilstiens. I have em on my truck right now. Front spacers are much cheaper and produce the same lift. And I prefer the ride of factory shocks with spacers over the Bilstiens. My truck with the Bilstiens will flat beat you up on a bumpy road!
                        Really? I just had 4 5100's installed. Old ones was worn out. Haven't taken off road but my diesel mechanic recommend it to me. Said its the best off road shocks on the market. Hmmm?

Comment

Do not get the lifted, larger tire, fender flare version from the dealer.
                          They put alot of mark up on them for that, you can get the entire package including wheels and tires installed for under 5k .

I got the FX4 and it rides good on highway, 4 wheels nice. I have not leveled mine or added tires and wheels. I did replace the perillis with bfg though.

Comment

Do not get the lifted, larger tire, fender flare version from the dealer.
                            They put alot of mark up on them for that, you can get the entire package including wheels and tires installed for under 5k .

Where? Houston area?

Comment

If you end up going with a 4x4 instead of the FX4 upgrade to the off road package. A 4x4 without the off-road package does not have skid plate. Those come standard on the fx4

Comment

Picture of mine before tint, bedrug, and tri-fold bed cover. I like it a lot. Wife picked out everything. I only wanted a 4x4 pickup, bed cover, and bedrug. She chose blacked out, 4-door, appearance package ect.

Comment

Working...
                                X