TBH / ForEverLast Big Buck Bow Hunt Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH / ForEverLast Big Buck Bow Hunt Contest

Once again, TBH will be partnering with ForEverLast for the Big Buck Bow Hunt Contest. We'd like your input on how we can expand the contest state-wide to get more involvement (particularly youth) in this year's contest. We got a late start last season in partnering with FEL and didn't make many changes to the divisions and format, but Billy has asked us to come up with some ideas to encourage more participation beyond south-central Texas.

Let's brainstorm! Let's hear your ideas on how we can make improvements to this awesome contest!
    My Flickr Photos

Do we know of any members that can score or be trained to score in other areas of the state? That would make it easier to expand into other regions. I'd be willing to take a class and be Offical TBH Scorer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
      Do we know of any members that can score or be trained to score in other areas of the state? That would make it easier to expand into other regions. I'd be willing to take a class and be Offical TBH Scorer.
      Adding additional scorers is definitely on the suggestion list. Thanks and I'll keep you posted!
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Can you post a link to last year's contest, Michael? I wouldn't know what to suggest without knowing how it worked last year (I didn't follow it).

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Can you post a link to last year's contest, Michael? I wouldn't know what to suggest without knowing how it worked last year (I didn't follow it).
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

East Texas separate division?

I’m with Shane, would like to see previous contest to know how it was structured before.

Guess I had my window open too long

Comment

Thanks!

I think it would get more participation if there were regional divisions, rather than just 1 county and then the rest of the state. Maybe 1 statewide division for high fence, and then regional low fence divisions (since antler genetics varies some across the state). In each one of those, have divisions for women and children. ??

You'd need scorers all over the place and more prizes, of course. But it would probably get more participation that way.

Maybe add a statewide winner for biggest low fence buck in the state, after all the regional winners are selected?

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                East Texas separate division?

I’m with Shane, would like to see previous contest to know how it was structured before.

Guess I had my window open too long
                Would the East Texas division have Night and Road hunting subcategories?

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                  Would the East Texas division have Night and Road hunting subcategories?

Hoggslayer
                  No subcategories, we just don’t want have an unfair advantage over the rest of the folks. We use q-beams, NV, dogs, Buicks and tannerite.

Comment

Thanks!

I think it would get more participation if there were regional divisions, rather than just 1 county and then the rest of the state. Maybe 1 statewide division for high fence, and then regional low fence divisions (since antler genetics varies some across the state). In each one of those, have divisions for women and children. ??

You'd need scorers all over the place and more prizes, of course. But it would probably get more participation that way.

Maybe add a statewide winner for biggest low fence buck in the state, after all the regional winners are selected?
                    I'd like to hear more thoughts on prizes. I think in the past Billy has done gift certificates to FEL/B2B. We've discussed the idea of adding/diversifying prizes.
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

How about a division for axis?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        I'd like to hear more thoughts on prizes. I think in the past Billy has done gift certificates to FEL/B2B. We've discussed the idea of adding/diversifying prizes.
                        That ice chest for the deer's head and cape (antlers stuck out) would seem like the appropriate trophy for winning!

Comment

Mule Deer

Add a Muley category! There are a county or two with no whitetails.

Comment

Thanks!

I agree with this.

Comment

Working...
                            X