Battery Help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Help??

I have a couple of questions and thought I would make 1 combined thread.

The first is where are y'all getting 6v lantern batteries with the screw terminals? We have several timers that are set up for this style batteries and I'm having trouble finding them. All I can find is the spring top or Rayovac and I have never had good luck with those. It seems like they are always half the weight compared to energizer or duracell and perform worse. Any suggestions on new batteries? Or do I just need to make the switch to alligator clips and run the spring batteries? I really don't want to do this as they aren't as secure as the screw top

Second I need a new battery for my 2013 Mule. My current battery struggles to run my winch and light bar. Do I need more amps or is it just because the battery is old? If more amps would help, what battery do y'all recommend? I guess either way, recommend me a battery if you don't mind.

Thanks in advance

I’m no help on the 6v but for my buggy I’ve been looking at adding a battery with an isolator. From what I’ve read I believe it’ll fix your problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Like this? G-I-Y-F (google is your friend).

Comment

I fitted a battery box beneath the seat in my Mule and wired my winch and big lights to a bigger deep cycle battery, separate from my Mule battery. Works great. Both batteries are connected to separate trickle chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
          Like this? G-I-Y-F (google is your friend).

https://www.batterymart.com/p-ulhd6v...BoCW6EQAvD_BwE
          That is the type I'm looking for but that one and the Rayovacs are all I can find (yes I have tried googling). The 1 star review of the one you linked doesn't give me any confidence that it is any better than a Rayovac's. I'm looking for a source that will have something better like Energizer or Duracell as I have had a lot better luck with those in the past. Everything I'm seeing says those are discontinued, out of stock, etc.

Any other sources? Maybe a store that sells feeders, etc? I can check Oasis in Uvalde but I would like to have them before heading down. I checked the local Home Depot today but didn't see any (spring only).

Comment

I have never had any problems with alligator clips on 6v spring tops.

As far as the mule battery issue add a second battery in parallel. + to + and - to -

Some good info:
            https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/r...d-battery-utv/

Comment

Batterit's and bulbs carries Duracell in what u want. A little more than the other batteries but worth the money. Have them in my feeders and they work great

Comment

winches put the wammy on battery.. as pointed out above bigger or double up

Comment

Academy has the 6 volt batteries with the screw terminals.

Comment

Comment

I gave up on finding a screw terminal 6v that was worth buying

Easier to clip ring terminals off wires and crimp on alligator clips

Comment

Check out the local Producers Co-Op. Ours have lots of the sealed rechargeable gel-cell batteries. I have one for one of my trailing lights.

Comment

Working...
                        X