Best V8 Engine Out There?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

been a good read...my un counted count says 5.3 ..ahead.....My personal choice would be on 5.3..Cause I owned most all mentioned and all been Pretty darn good...never owned nissan v8 though..

Comment

Comment

Tundra

Comment

Our last dodge product wasn't very impressive, had power steering leak, transmission cooler leak and fender trim falling off at 100k.

My diesel maintenance isn't much more than my 09 Ford with synthetic oil was.

Steve243 had a post a week or so ago where he picked up a Nissan Titan XD for 38k. Gas engine pickups cant hardly get down to that kinda price.

Otherwise, Chevy 5.3 ( my 2014 Chevy already has paint blistering from rust just above windshield on cab) dealer says looks like rock chips even though the spots are space out evenly every10" all the way across. Ford 5.0 my mom and dad has around 130k on theirs and averages about 18-20mpg.

Comment

So how much do yall think this truck would run? 5.3L V8, 4x4 SLE, leather interior, 45k miles and pretty much loaded out, 2013.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                Chevy ls motors. 5.3, 6.0. How many off road rigs and hot rods do you see with Toyota and Ford engines swapped into them?

If they are so great people would use them.

I had great luck with my 5.3. It went well over 270,000 before I sold it. It's a tough engine to beat. Especially the older ones that dont shut down cylinders for fuel efficiency.
                I agree with what you are saying here but.......

COYOTE SWAP THE WORLD!
                Sorry, I love my Ford's

Comment

ford 6.2 I have the harley version and it's a monster.

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
                    I’m a Ford guy and own a 5.4 Triton - this motor is like a girl you date for 8 years. I’ve got no reason to breakup but definitely no motivation to pop the question.
                    Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                    So how much do yall think this truck would run? 5.3L V8, 4x4 SLE, leather interior, 45k miles and pretty much loaded out, 2013.

Just a guess $25-27k

Comment

You have to remember that matted to all these motors will be a tranny. The older 6 speed GM used and the 8 speed ZF on the Ram are light years better and more reliable than the trans on the fords or the newer GM 8 speeds. Also, If you go new Ford or GM don't touch that 10 speed till its been around the block a bit and all the kinks are worked out.

Comment

I have a 2004 GMC 2500HD with the 6.0 It has roughly 250,000 and still going strong so last year I bought a 2017 GMC 2500HD. It also runs great. It is averaging 16+ MPG. I highly recommend one.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Aqckdude View Post
                          Just a guess $25-27k
                          They want 29,900+TTL and said that is as low as they can go. I told them thanks but no thanks so they come back with 29k+TTL (roughly 3k more) and now that was the absolute lowest they could go. They should of gave me that number the first go around. I'm going to keep looking.

Comment

Do some reading on the 5.3 with cylinder deactivation, may change your mind wanting one.

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

Comment

I got a 2014 Silverado with a 6.2 liter and it is the strongest engine I've ever owned including some my hotrods.

Comment

Chevy 6.2!!!!
                                Chevy needs to pull their head outta their back side and offer it in a 2500.

Comment

Working...
                                X