any bee/honey guys on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the is a bee group in C.C. might check in there and go to a few meetings.
    I know the one by my dad was real helpful, and it's good to have someone local that can help out as well as guys from here.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    cool. if this works out and we get going gonna name it "Cash Honey"

Comment

what is the success rate of keeping bees in your backyard in a residential neighborhood?

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
        what is the success rate of keeping bees in your backyard in a residential neighborhood?
        I'd also like to know about this.

Comment

Just getting started with our 1st "Top Bar Hive"
          There's a lot to do to bee successful...
          Lots of great info from many sources.
          Good luck on the "Cash Honey"

tending the fire,
          Bob G.

Comment

My dad does pretty good in a neighborhood.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Might check with your neighbors to make sure nobody is allergic.

Comment

I just started last fall. Bought a couple of hives to see if I liked it. I have caught 9 swarms so far this year and have 4 mores that I need to get. I have a buddy that also has hives and we help each other. I started building my own hives to try and keep the cost down. It’s good clean fun! But just remember, it’s not if you get stung but how many times!!

Comment

Anyone in dfw area collect bees? Just found out some are getting into our attic and into the house. I don't want to kill them but I also don't want a bee hive in my attic. Any contacts or anyone that can come get them would be helpful.

Comment

Some counties offer an ag exemption for keeping bees on your place.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                      Some counties offer an ag exemption for keeping bees on your place.
                      Yes, our county does but I don't have any yet, looking into putting some on land.
                      Can anyone elaborate on the requirements? I've researched the basics but mainly wondering if they have to produce for the Ag-exemption?

Comment

Looking for some real bees wax.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                          Yes, our county does but I don't have any yet, looking into putting some on land.
                          Can anyone elaborate on the requirements? I've researched the basics but mainly wondering if they have to produce for the Ag-exemption?
                          Call the county appraisal district and ask. I’m in Fayette county and they do but keeping bees still takes five years to get the ag exemption. I understand some counties only require one year.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                            Anyone in dfw area collect bees? Just found out some are getting into our attic and into the house. I don't want to kill them but I also don't want a bee hive in my attic. Any contacts or anyone that can come get them would be helpful.
                            We had a large swarm in our office. One of the girls called a bee guy from Weatherford and he drove all the way to Prosper to get them. He got about 40k bees.

PM your number and Ill have her text you the contact info for the Bee Guy

Comment

Working...
                            X