realtor prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

realtor prices?

What is the average % a realtor gets when selling a piece of land?

6% if he represents both the buyer and seller and 3% split if two are involved representing buyer and seller with the seller paying the full commission unless specified differently in the contract. It is all negotiable, but don't count on getting them to budge.
    Last edited by Darton; 03-21-2018, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Seller pays 6% the majority of the time. That could go to one agent if he/she represents the buyer & seller or split between two agents. That number is negotiable but unless your are talking about a $$$ property or maybe something in a booming market where they know it will sell fast I wouldn't expect it.

Comment

thats what I was thinking. Thanks

Comment

Realtor fees are negotiable and it may be higher than 6% on raw land. Once I was trying to buy a piece of land that was For Sale By Owner. But I saw it while riding with a realtor. I had no agreement with the agent, but let her negotiate with the seller. It was my understanding that she was acting as my buyer's agent based on a 3% commission. What I didn't know was that she was negotiating with him on the basis of a 10% sales commission. She was trying to get the seller to sign an agreement, but he refused. Nonetheless, he was told that the sales price was subject to 10% commission, so he wasn't budging on the sales price. The deal was about to fall through. In a last ditch effort to work something out, I called the seller directly. Once he told me what was going on, he and I worked out a deal very easily. I called the realtor and asked her what the heck was going on and why she was trying to get money from the seller. She told me that a realtor can negotiate fees with the seller and that 10 or even 15% was sometimes charged on raw land. Oh, I was mad! At this point, I didn't have an agreement with the realtor and the seller didn't have an agreement with the realtor. We were under no obligation. I told her if she would arrange the closing, I would pay her 3% as I had originally intended. Even though I was upset, I wanted to still stick with the implied agreement on principal. It was put to her as "take it or leave it." Needless to say, she took it. Neither I nor the buyer spoke to her at the closing. I built a house on that land and lived in it for 15 years.

Comment

As said, it's negotiable.

We pay between 2 and 3% as the Seller. If Buyer has an agent, that agent always gets at least 3% unless they gift some of it to their client. If our Buyer does not have an agent and agrees to a fair market price, our agent gets a 1% increase from us.

Comment

Usually between 5% and 6% is what is charged. One guy in our office usually does 7%, 4 to himself and 3 to the other agent. And his clients, on the listing side, has no problems with it.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                What is the average % a realtor gets when selling a piece of land?
                They get what you give them its 100% negotiable don't let them tell you different.

There are thousands of agents in TX someone will list it for your price.

Comment

Working...
                X