Video app suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video app suggestions

I want to get a video editing app on my computer. I want something that is easy to use (user friendly AKA idiot proof). I want to be able to clip videos, merge two videos into one, add music clips, and be able to piece together photos into a video.
    The one I thought would work wouldn't even recognize a jpg photo. I don't remember the name of it, but it was the opposite of user friendly.
    I should have asked here first.
    Thanks

The best one I've found for ease of use, yet you can get pretty fancy if you want is AVS4YOU on line software... they have a suite that is for editing/converting videos, one for photos, for making ring tones, gifs, etc.

Comment

Correll is what I started with until upgrading to Vegas.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
          I want to get a video editing app on my computer. I want something that is easy to use (user friendly AKA idiot proof). I want to be able to clip videos, merge two videos into one, add music clips, and be able to piece together photos into a video.
          The one I thought would work wouldn't even recognize a jpg photo. I don't remember the name of it, but it was the opposite of user friendly.
          I should have asked here first.
          Thanks
          You can use format factory to re format your pictures. I use Final Cut Pro for work and it works very well. it took me about a day to learn the functions I use but its smooth sailing from then on. You can get way more technical than I want to with it, but the video portion is great

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            You can use format factory to re format your pictures. I use Final Cut Pro for work and it works very well. it took me about a day to learn the functions I use but its smooth sailing from then on. You can get way more technical than I want to with it, but the video portion is great
            +1 for this but I'm assuming he's not on a Mac or else the free iMovie app would work just fine for what he's looking for.

Comment

Nope, not on Mac

Comment

Use Lightworks untill you get some experience. Easy to use it. After that you can try Sony Vegas

Comment

Windows Movie Maker is pretty darn easy and really simple when it comes to trimming and splicing videos together.

If you want to step up a few notches I would suggest looking at DaVinci Resolve by Blackmagic or PowerDirector by Cyberlink. Both seem to get really good online reviews and offer a ton of advanced features.

Right now I'm trying DaVinci Resolve and what it can do is way beyond my basic needs. Most say it's easy to use but I didn't think so but thanks to several online tutorials it's becoming much easier to understand and use. It has no issues reading or writing high resolution high frame rate videos and trimming, cropping, splicing are quick and easy once you understand how the software likes to operate. Applying zoom and slow motion within a clip works well and you can set up multiple video tracks to create a picture in picture effect. Best of all it's 100% free.

I have not tried PowerDirector yet but the online reviews look good. This one is not free, $59 I think but it has a 30 day free trial.

Comment

Working...
                  X