No announcement yet.

Menard county hunting updates 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any TBH’r going to the Menard Hunters Dinner on Saturday November 4th?

Comment

I'll be there tim, but you driving!

Comment

Originally posted by Rsp View Post
        I'll be there tim, but you driving!
        Stalker..... but ok!

Comment

I'd like to make that one year, but it is Youth Duck Hunt that weekend here in La.
          Been a long running tradition here, and only have a couple years left to enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by DSDC View Post
            I'd like to make that one year, but it is Youth Duck Hunt that weekend here in La.
            Been a long running tradition here, and only have a couple years left to enjoy.
            I completely understand, do it while you can before they're gone. We'll catch up with you soon.

Comment

I am planning to be at the Hunter's Blowout in Menard on the opening weekend unless something happens.
              Adios,
              Gary

Hunted this morning and it was 43 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                I am planning to be at the Hunter's Blowout in Menard on the opening weekend unless something happens.
                Adios,
                Gary

Hunted this morning and it was 43 degrees.
                Good Deal, hope to see you there... I'll be back there in the morning, good luck to you!

Comment

Looks like the next time I will be down there is November 9th-12th.
                  Anybody want to meet at the Lazy Laddle for lunch?

Comment

We are headed out to our property tonight and hope to see a little more action than we saw opening weekend. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Good luck!

Comment

Living in Mason full time for the time being. It's been fun to run out to our place near 1311 but the deer movement, like everyone said, is slow on corn right now. Anybody have any other strategies they're employing other than "hunt the acorns"? As y'all know there's way to many trees here to do that. Any and all tips welcome!

Comment

Heloooooo campfire!!
                        I’ll be up there this weekend.
                        Heading to the menard hunters ball too hopefully

Comment

Well, we shot a couple of does this weekend and I shot a really old 11pt that we've seen going on 5 years. The deer still aren't hitting the feeders and there are acorns everywhere still. Several of us got skunked on multiple sits. Very slow weekend for hunting but we were still able to help reduce the population a little bit.

Comment

Nothing but young bucks and dink does hitting the feeders on my lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got back from my second hunt, I've done 8 days so far this year and have seen deer every time. Yea, there are a ton of acorns but in the NE corner of the county they are still hitting the corn and I've seen quite a few deer hitting the volunteer wheat out in the fields. Unfortunately, our axis have seemed to disappeared.

Horns appear to be above average with good mass, the deer are fat, but not seeing as many yearlings as I expected. Still waiting for the big boys to show and have seen only a few 5.5+ deer so far. I'll be going back down Wednesday and hoping when it gets in the 30's this weekend that things will really kick start.

Comment

Hunted a couple of hunts this weekend and the activity was up a tad. Still a lot of acorns on the ground and the deer are browsing more than going to feeders. Two straight weeks of no rain and it is really dry again.

Comment

Working...
                                X