Please help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help....

Don't have a place to hunt and am going crazy trying to find a place...I live in Sanger just north of denton needing help on public hunting places I can go with my bow for hogs and possibly deer if available. Again I am BRAND new to public hunting g and no pretty much nothing about it. Not asking for anyone to tell me there super secret awesome spot just help, what public land to hunt, where to get information on places, how to hunt out there etc any help. Thanks guys

start here

Make sure you know ALL the rules for THAT particular unit. Rules may change from unit to unit.

Comment

Search this forum. Lots of historical info on here.

Several places near Sanger.

Ray Roberts
      LBJ National Grasslands
      Caddo National Grasslands
      Lake Grapevine

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
        Search this forum. Lots of historical info on here.

Several places near Sanger.

Ray Roberts
        LBJ National Grasslands
        Caddo National Grasslands
        Lake Grapevine
        This is the last year for hunting at grapevine.....

Comment

Yup, Sanger isn't far from some pretty good public land hunting.

How far are you willing to drive?

Comment

I would drive up to an hour really maybe hour and a half. Have no clue how public land hunting works

Comment

Originally posted by rednecktbrizz7 View Post
              This is the last year for hunting at grapevine.....
              For all forms of hunting??

Comment

Originally posted by Loftin View Post
                I would drive up to an hour really maybe hour and a half. Have no clue how public land hunting works
                Find the area you want to hunt by following the link I provided. Then read up on all the public hunting rules for Texas, and any specific rules for that location. Then put on your boots and start walking, but that should've started months ago.

Comment

Anybody do any hog hunting at ray roberts public land??? And can u leave a camera out there? Or a stand??? I know can't put corn out but what about burying hog wild in Tha ground??

Comment

You'll have to pull up the regs for the places you want to hunt. Most don't allow you to leave stands for more than 72 hours. And if it says you can't throw corn then the hog wild will be in that same category. Best way to be successful on public land is fine a place you want to hunt then get boots in the ground and scout.

Comment

Shot my first two bucks on public land in Apple springs WMA. We did ok. It's doable. Good luck bro

Comment

https://www.swt.usace.army.mil/Porta...ation/hunting/...

Comment

You will have to get the annual public land permit which is $50 and they will mail you a book with maps and all the info on all public land in TX. You can also get this info on the tpwd website. If there are any legal gun seasons (like squirrel) going at that time you have to wear orange. Some places are close on certain dates for drawn gun hunts. Cameras should be fine but I hear of guys getting them and stands stolen sometimes. All I have ever used on public land is a climber. It's the best way in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftin View Post
                            Anybody do any hog hunting at ray roberts public land??? And can u leave a camera out there? Or a stand??? I know can't put corn out but what about burying hog wild in Tha ground??
                            Do a search on here for Ray Roberts. Hogs can only be hunted from January 18th to August 31st.

Scroll to pages 32 and 33 on this link.

You can get all the answers you need on the below link and by searching the public hunting threads on TBH.

Last edited by Froggy; 10-22-2015, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Lot of hogs at Ray Roberts you just have to put boots on the ground to find them.

Comment

Working...
                              X