concho county draw hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

concho county draw hunt

wasnt going to do a write up but the guys that put it on over there have a pretty cool set up

Arrived friday mid day. did orientation. Rules were made clear. this was a doe hunt 3 tags, spikes were also allowed. Through the hunt i saw lots of turkeys, plenty of quail and dove. , a few fawns a handful of does and bucks

The opportunity to harvest deer was there for everyone..i think everyone participating shot atleast once...some multiple times but seems like most didnt practice too much or got a little too much buck fever (happens to the best of us) and were not successful at knocking them down. There were 5 hunters total we harvested 4 does and 1 4 pt buck over the weekend for the group---this was a doe and spike hunt once again. they did charge a fine for the 4pt buck shot.

I did punch my 3 doe tags so i was happy about that. camp was nice. Had the option to pay 35 a night to sty there in a trailer. no brainer for me so i slept in the AC. people putting it on were very friendly and he other hunters out there were nice as well.

First day i didnt see anything we were allowed to shoot
    i shot a small doe the 2nd morning...small. but she aged well and had twins with her. the guy aging her said she just wasnt handling it well. didnt see anything that evening

Last morning i changed locations and popped both of my remaining tags as soon as the sun came up. not a bad weekend. Brought home lots of meat.
    Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 10-14-2015, 10:56 PM.

Nice shooting..congrats

Comment

Good deal. Congrats on the kills.

Comment

Congrats. Good shooting.

Comment

Sounds like you came prepared to do work.

Congrats on a good weekend.

Comment

In for the story on the 4 pt.

Comment

Working...
            X