Food Plot Advice-East Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Plot Advice-East Texas

What kind of food plots would y'all plant in the Pineywoods area? Like Polk county or Tyler County? I've heard a lot about oats. Just wanted to know what y'all use!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too.

Comment

We always planted a mix of cereal rye, wheat, hairy vetch, winter peas, and several types of clover. Most likely, you will need to put out lime, as the soil is acidic in East Texas. Oats are ok, but don't provide a lot of nutrition.

Comment

If you want to make your own blend? Winter wheat, brassicas(rape), Austian Winter Peas. I use a blend called Buck Busters and it grows good and the deer love it.

Comment

I'm the ITR for Tecomate here in Texas. We have several mixes that do well in that area. I also have a degree in horticulture and have been doing soil samples and crop analysis for many years now so I can help you understand the details in good plot selection and management. Feel free to message me on here if you have any questions.

If your looking for a "kill plot" take a look at Max Attract it's a great option that has a good mix of seed that will attract deer throughout the growing season.

Comment

Working...
          X