New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    So was he saying you should be like 8 ft tall?
    9'2. But im assuming the 9 and 6 got mixed up. Common mistake.

Comment

Back and biceps super set today.
      Wide grip pull downs/machine preacher curl
      Close grip pull down/cable curl
      Cable rows/rope cable curls
      5 sets each with 16/20 reps each

Comment

Dang well I guess chest and tris will have to go in the evening after work. God I hate working out in the evening....

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          Dang well I guess chest and tris will have to go in the evening after work. God I hate working out in the evening....
          Same here, gym is packed with a bunch of morons.

Comment

Well guys, after reading all of these post, sounds like everyone is hitting it hard. I remember this post being started a year or two ago, and thinking I really should do something about my spare tire. Well I was a member of a gym for all of 2017 and went occasionally! Now I'm really trying to make this happen. Since late season is over I've really been hitting the gym a lot. I gained a lot, 4-5 years ago driving truck cross country and always stayed around 240-245lb. This was eating bad and drinking enough Dr. Pepper to chock a horse, and smoking everyday. I'm now working nights sitting behind a desk without a lot of moving, this is one reason I'm trying to be more dedicated this time. I'm 42 and 6' tall and still around the 245lb mark. At this point for the last two weeks I've been eating better and haven't had a Dr. Pepper in 7 days, the caffeine headaches are driving me crazy, but I know it will get better(oh, I've been smoke free for almost two years). For me a lot of the desire to do this; is to show my daughters that dad is tired of being fat, be in better shape for my wife, and be able to do things easier without the belly. Reading your post will hopefully keep me motivated! Good luck with all of the goals ya'll are striving to meet!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter75 View Post
              Well guys, after reading all of these post, sounds like everyone is hitting it hard. I remember this post being started a year or two ago, and thinking I really should do something about my spare tire. Well I was a member of a gym for all of 2017 and went occasionally! Now I'm really trying to make this happen. Since late season is over I've really been hitting the gym a lot. I gained a lot, 4-5 years ago driving truck cross country and always stayed around 240-245lb. This was eating bad and drinking enough Dr. Pepper to chock a horse, and smoking everyday. I'm now working nights sitting behind a desk without a lot of moving, this is one reason I'm trying to be more dedicated this time. I'm 42 and 6' tall and still around the 245lb mark. At this point for the last two weeks I've been eating better and haven't had a Dr. Pepper in 7 days, the caffeine headaches are driving me crazy, but I know it will get better(oh, I've been smoke free for almost two years). For me a lot of the desire to do this; is to show my daughters that dad is tired of being fat, be in better shape for my wife, and be able to do things easier without the belly. Reading your post will hopefully keep me motivated! Good luck with all of the goals ya'll are striving to meet!
              Welcome to the thread. Congrats on 2 yrs smoke free!!!! Huge accomplishment. If you can kick that habit then, getting in shape will be a walk in the park. If ya have any questions on nutrition or need help with creating a program just say the word. This thread is full of knowledgeable folks who can help you get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                Welcome to the thread. Congrats on 2 yrs smoke free!!!! Huge accomplishment. If you can kick that habit then, getting in shape will be a walk in the park. If ya have any questions on nutrition or need help with creating a program just say the word. This thread is full of knowledgeable folks who can help you get it done.
                Icetrauma, thanks for the warm welcome, looking forward to putting up some improved stats later on this year!

I'm hoping that I can not relapse on the smoking. I quit in fall of '02 and then picked them back up in '08. Yeah after a six year wagon ride I fell off! Pretty crazy, actually stupid on my part. But that was during the '08 financial crisis while owning an 18-wheeler. Freight took a dump and fuel went through the roof.

This trying to eat better is going to take the most work I do believe. I'm at work all by myself, I bring stuff from home or pickup stuff at the grocery store. I've been doing good about buying healthy stuff, lately. As long as I can refrain from ordering pizza! The best part is I can't leave. I've been doing raw veggies, light on the ranch dip. Stir-fry chicken, roast, brisket, etc. A lot of water too!

I belong to Lifetime Fitness and know how to do what I need to. Seeing everyone's workouts I'll probably incorporate some into mine as I need to change things up to not get bored. Last week I tried a class for the first time, Express Barbell. It showed me how out of shape I really am, and it was only a 30 min class. I'd like to try one later this morning, its Total Conditioning Xtreame, unfortunately its an hour long. I'm just going to have to pace myself. I'd hate to pass out or blow chunks in front of all the ladies.

Comment

Hunter75, best of luck to you. I belong to LifeTime Fitness as well. I started reshaping myself about 8 years ago in my 40s and joined the gym about 5 years ago. That place is full of good information so Im glad you are taking advantage of it. Im sure you know the biggest key to eating healthy is planning and preparation so dont give into the laziness we all have in us. If you have any questions ask away.....most of us have been where you are.

Comment

Snuck in a little early then expected and wasn’t to crowded.
                    Only negative was some old dude with 4 sets of Dumbells, 2 EZ Bars, and using the dip assist machine.... People.... Don’t use 7 different items unless it’s 2am in the morning and no one else is around having to wait on you lol

Chest and tris. Trying to increase weight and # of reps and decrease the number of exercises I’m doing.

BB Bench Full pyramid from 12-2-12 with a 15 rep drop set SS/ Tri cable ext & Over head rope ext

DB Incline Half pyramid with 2 drop sets SS/ Cable rope ext & Cable side ext

Smith Mch decline press 4x12 with inc weight & 2 DS’s SS/ Tri kick backs

DB narrow grip press 4x10 inc weight & 1 DS SS/ reverse Tri ext

Incline DB flys 2x12 and 2x10 with inc weight and drop set SS/ skull crushers

Mch Flys SS/ Mch dips

Dip assist and Push ups

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Snuck in a little early then expected and wasn’t to crowded.
                      Only negative was some old dude with 4 sets of Dumbells, 2 EZ Bars, and using the dip assist machine.... People.... Don’t use 7 different items unless it’s 2am in the morning and no one else is around having to wait on you lol

Chest and tris. Trying to increase weight and # of reps and decrease the number of exercises I’m doing.

BB Bench Full pyramid from 12-2-12 with a 15 rep drop set SS/ Tri cable ext & Over head rope ext

DB Incline Half pyramid with 2 drop sets SS/ Cable rope ext & Cable side ext

Smith Mch decline press 4x12 with inc weight & 2 DS’s SS/ Tri kick backs

DB narrow grip press 4x10 inc weight & 1 DS SS/ reverse Tri ext

Incline DB flys 2x12 and 2x10 with inc weight and drop set SS/ skull crushers

Mch Flys SS/ Mch dips

Dip assist and Push ups
                      Solid workout! I like the volume.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                        Solid workout! I like the volume.
                        Thank you sir!

Have to admit my chest was still a little meh from the 400 challenger a couple days ago

Back and bi’s tomorrow

Comment

More abs today.
                          Low plank march. 3 sets of 30.
                          Low plank knee to opposite elbow. 2 sets of 30.
                          Low plank knee to same elbow. 2 sets of 30.
                          Tomorrow is 400 challenge rematch. Goal is to bet Monday's time. Anything over 17 minutes I repeat weeks 1 through 4.
                          Next week starts the real stuff, looks like. Took a look at my schedule and I've got an 11-11-11 challenge coming up that has me worried. Lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            Hunter75, best of luck to you. I belong to LifeTime Fitness as well. I started reshaping myself about 8 years ago in my 40s and joined the gym about 5 years ago. That place is full of good information so Im glad you are taking advantage of it. Im sure you know the biggest key to eating healthy is planning and preparation so dont give into the laziness we all have in us. If you have any questions ask away.....most of us have been where you are.
                            RTP, yes I do enjoy going to LifeTime, there is a lot to offer. I'm starting to see and feel some results.

Comment

Late workout tonight. Did a lot of kettlebell.

KB rows
                              Kb SWINGS
                              Kb snatches
                              KB shoulder presses
                              Shoulder pulldowns
                              Cable crossovers

SS shoulder shrugs
                              Shoulder presses
                              Chest presses
                              Tri pulldowns
                              Tri presses

1/2 mile on treadmill til heel started hurting.

Called it a night.

Comment

I haven't made it since Tuesday. The GF is at my house and sicker than a dog. I'll try it tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X