Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold VX-6HD 4-24x52mm Illum TMOA

Leupold VX-6HD 4-24x52mm Illum TMOA Scope #171579
    Any of y’all running this scope and what’s your thoughts on it.
    Really looking at the Mark 4, But these are the new improved scopes.

I've got the VX6HD 3-18x44 with TMOA reticle and love it. Only had it out a few times, but really like what I've seen so far. Crisp image and tracks well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
      Leupold VX-6HD 4-24x52mm Illum TMOA Scope #171579

Any of y’all running this scope and what’s your thoughts on it.

Really looking at the Mark 4, But these are the new improved scopes.

I got one recently but have not spent any time behind it. I can tell you though, the glass quality will blow away the Mark 4. Its a significant upgrade from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks that’s what I’m want to hear, I may have a chance to get a good deal.

Comment

How far are you looking to shoot?

Comment

Personally at that price point I would be looking at the sig tango or bushnel extreme... But i'm picky on reticles... Soooo that would mean a lot to me

Also athalon... Kinda depends on how good your deal is too haha
            Last edited by catslayer; 06-20-2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Im running the 4-24 with the impact reticle on my 28 nosler and it is amazing! I've got a few of the 3-18's also, but to my eye, the 4-24 has better clarity and a lot more light gathering perceived. IMO you cant go wrong with any of the VX6-HD's

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                How far are you looking to shoot?
                Not sure yet, May be a down under trip with a 7mag. Or just good on 57 year old eyes lol.

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
                  Im running the 4-24 with the impact reticle on my 28 nosler and it is amazing! I've got a few of the 3-18's also, but to my eye, the 4-24 has better clarity and a lot more light gathering perceived. IMO you cant go wrong with any of the VX6-HD's
                  Thanks, I have leupold 4-14x50 LRT with illuminated TMR reticle.
                  On by Grendel and really like it, but with my eyes today looking for a little more power for the top of my sendero 7mag.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                    Thanks, I have leupold 4-14x50 LRT with illuminated TMR reticle.
                    On by Grendel and really like it, but with my eyes today looking for a little more power for the top of my sendero 7mag.
                    I’ve got the vx3-i LRP 6.5-20 and 4-15, non-illuminated TMR reticles, and they are great, but they don’t hold a candle to the vx6-hd. Better clarity, turret feels better, better eye relief. Can’t say enough good things about the HD.

Comment

These things are pricey,

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
                        I have ordered one and am waiting on it to arrive.

Comment

Thanks y’all,
                          I went with a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 6.5-20x50mm (30mm) M1 Illum. TMR.
                          $1,250 new. The 6HD is $2,000 plus $200+ for 34mm Rings and mounts.
                          I already have 30mm Leupold mounts on.

Comment

I’m going with VX6HD in Boone / Cockett...

Comment

Originally posted by Boss Buck View Post
                              I’m going with VX6HD in Boone / Cockett...
                              In case you haven’t used the B&C reticle before, just know that it is very thick, if you’re planning on shooting small targets at distance.

Comment

Working...
                              X