No announcement yet.

Turkey Fletchings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did cut a secondary and could tell the difference in thickness of the feathers pretty quick. They are pretty thin.

Are secondaries worth the effort given how thin they are?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
      I did cut a secondary and could tell the difference in thickness of the feathers pretty quick. They are pretty thin.

Are secondaries worth the effort given how thin they are?

I’ll use em. They just don’t last as long. Some dyed feathers I’ve bought have been just as flimsy as natural secondary feathers. I’m fixing to start splitting and grinding mine from last weekend. The bad thing is half of mine are messed up with blood before they ever get on an arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
        I’ll use em. They just don’t last as long. Some dyed feathers I’ve bought have been just as flimsy as natural secondary feathers. I’m fixing to start splitting and grinding mine from last weekend. The bad thing is half of mine are messed up with blood before they ever get on an arrow.
        Yeah, on one of my birds, the one wing for RW was messed up so I only got 1 fletch instead of 2 per feather.

Comment

Got some ready to color/chop now. Some finished from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            Sounds just like Gateway! They have been selling them like that for years!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
            X