Looks like I may be getting a CPAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I may be getting a CPAP

I was getting a physical last week, doctor looks in my mouth and immediate says “wow, you have sleep apnea”. Can’t figure out how she could tell that but I suspect I do. Anyway, I’m getting study. My brother says the machine totally changed his life. Anyone have a similar outcome? Just wanting to know if I temper my expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not big deal, you'll sleep well.

Comment

Wow.....no idea how they diagnose that besides sleep labs. What is your wife's medical opinion?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Best thing in the world.

Comment

Love mine. On it for 6 yrs now. I can not imagine life without it. My blood pressure was thru the roof as I stressed breathing at night and stopped breathing. I use to be exhausted all the time and fell asleep while driving. Yeah I was that bad.

Guys at deer camp made fun of my snoring. It was awful and I kept a bunch of people up including my wife and kids.

Game changer for me. I had no problem adjusting to the hose etc. Get it done and enjoy a few more yrs of life.

Comment

Get ready for the sleep study. It's going to determine what psi setting for your machine.

Comment

Had one 12 years now.
              I took a week or so to get used to it. At first I hated it. Now if I can't bring it I don't go.
              I've"slept" one night without it. I really only had my eyes closed.

In January we hit too deer camp I couldn't get it to turn on and stay on. I was almost in a full blown panic attack when it stayed on. If it hadn't I was going home. Didn't matter is already been up 24 hrs. I was going home to sleep!

Comment

Grinding teeth could be a possible sign of sleep apnea?

Comment

worth it!!!!!!

Comment

You will be amazed how much better you will feel!

Comment

I got one about 7 months ago. I didn’t have sleep apnea according to the doctor but any noise I made sleeping my wife classified as snoring as she is a super light sleeper.

I figured if $1800 would keep here off my azz I would do it. I will admit that I sleep better. I don’t take it to the lease and don’t have problems not using it but it sure doesn’t hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had one for 6 years now. No big deal. I sleep better and feel better.

Comment

I had 70 events an hour in my study. I'm also dealing with hypoxia during the day and night. I have to run o2 to my machine.

Comment

I didn’t like mine and tried every mask know to man. The nose pillow worked the best for me. Spend the extra money and get the quietest machine your wife will thank you.

I lost about 90 lbs and my sleep apnea went away so no more machine for me. Also look into the dental mouth piece. It works well for some.

Comment

Don't be afraid to go back and get the setting just right. Like others have said get the right mask, if it's not fitting or doesn't feel right try something new.

Comment

Working...
                              X