Question time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krisw View Post
    Rob Gronkowski, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Danny Amendola would like to have a word with you sir. He also normally has a great kicker, above average defense, and solid offensive line.
    That's the thing. Brady has had a few decent receivers over the years, but he also seems to make a name for a new guy every year as well.

Their defense never appears flashy, but ends up above average. O-line, same deal.

The Pats have lost 2 first round draft picks in the last decade and have drafted at the bottom of the order for several years. Yet, they seem to always end up with a decent team.

Without Tom Brady, they would not have been consistent winners.

Comment

The one year they didn't have Brady, they went 10-6 I think. I think it's more of the system on offense. They have an identity and what they want to do, then get people to fit that and make the system work. Brady has been healthy and productive for a long time so one of the more important pieces has been stable.

Comment

Come game time I want overall performance of the person and how they handle pressure and approach the situation. Some handle pressure better than others and some can't handle pressure

Comment

Originally posted by Ace141 View Post
          Okay here is the whole story (I was trying to be vague, in order to get an unbiased opinion).

A few people at work today are walking around talking about how Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever. I simply made the statement that there are several QB's who have better individual stats than him across the board.

The number 1 answer I get is: "But who else has 5 rings?"
          My reply: "Ummm how about the rest of his Team?"

Just because you have a good quarterback on a great team does not particularly mean he is the best. That is my argument and my question.
          a good all around team, especially good receivers will make any qb look better than he is,,, a good qb could look mediocre or even poor if the team around him, especially the receivers are poor ..... a good coach can get players to achieve above their "average" ability... when it comes to championships it takes a complete team, well coached to achieve greatness.... never been a huge football fan,even less so over the last 10 years or so. and i do not like Brady at all,,,,, does anyone really think he could have carried the browns to the superbowl? dallas? maybe denver? not a chance because those teams lack character team attitude and coaching,,, and in 2 cases ownership quality.....
          is brady good,, yea he is good,,, but i have seen several quarterbacks i feel were much better.... stats alone are nothing more than achievement numbers that are greatly determined by the "team"

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
            a good all around team, especially good receivers will make any qb look better than he is,,, a good qb could look mediocre or even poor if the team around him, especially the receivers are poor ..... a good coach can get players to achieve above their "average" ability... when it comes to championships it takes a complete team, well coached to achieve greatness.... never been a huge football fan,even less so over the last 10 years or so. and i do not like Brady at all,,,,, does anyone really think he could have carried the browns to the superbowl? dallas? maybe denver? not a chance because those teams lack character team attitude and coaching,,, and in 2 cases ownership quality.....
            is brady good,, yea he is good,,, but i have seen several quarterbacks i feel were much better.... stats alone are nothing more than achievement numbers that are greatly determined by the "team"
            Thats a good answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace141 View Post
              According to NFL.com:
              Passing Yards:
              1. Peyton Manning - 71,940
              4. Tom Brady - 66,159
              Passes Completed:
              1. Bret Favre - 6300
              4. Tom Brady - 5629
              Pass Completion %
              1. Drew Brees - 66.9%
              13. Tom Brady - 63.9%

That's just to name a few.
              He very well may pass both Manning and Favre before he is done. What would you think then?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                He very well may pass both Manning and Favre before he is done. What would you think then?
                It wouldn't really change my mind at all. Manning and Brady have played the same amount. (17 Years). Favre played for 20 so if he doesn't surpass him by then, it wont matter to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                  When the lights are on, and the game is on the line, more often than not Tom Brady gets it done. That is why he's the goat.
                  Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If it’s kids sports, it’s usually the kid with the cutest Mom. Just kidding.

Since the super bowl upset came up.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Phillip Rivers is a GREAT quarterback. Has better physical skills that TB. Your question is "best". The best is the person or team that wins when a score is being kept.

Comment

Working...
                      X