Shot a hog with no testicles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot a hog with no testicles...

Shot a hog this evening, it wasn’t a female...but he didn’t have any testicles. He still had his mojo, that was obvious. I looked for scars...nothing. He had to have been cut, but I don’t know anyone around me who castrates them. Ever seen it, can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!

Some castrates the board when they catch them, but usually mark them by cutting the tail off or an ear.

It is possible that he just didn’t developed nuts though.

Comment

If a hog is cut young you might not see a scar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They sure taste better. Shot several last year, they spend all their time and energy on eating.

Comment

Democrat

Comment

As stated above, there will usually be a cut ear or two along with the cut nut sack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

☝🏼LOL! We went on a duck hunt a few years back and one of the guides had some pig dogs. Talked a few of my buddies into going. They paid good money to go catch some pigs. They went all night in the same wheat field and finally the guide's son had to "go find a dog". And would you know it a pig came out in the wheat field about 10 minutes later. The dogs did their thing and long story short the pig was castered and according to them seemed drugged.

Pretty sure they had a pig pinned up and the sonlet him out.

needless to say that's all the money they will ever get from us.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                They sure taste better. Shot several last year, they spend all their time and energy on eating.
                X2 on the tasting better!

Comment

The boar’s sow probably has them in her purse. Very common with some species.

Comment

Did you clean it? My dad shot one a couple minutes f eeeks ago and we thought the same. When we cleaned it they were there just way smaller than normal and not sticking out back like usual. Not sure what was up with him.

Comment

My grandfather would cut their nuts when we caught them. He would clip an ear and if we ever caught that hog again we would kill it. And yes....they are tastier for sure.

Comment

Good for you
                        Wish I could kill a nice cut boar.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          The boar’s sow probably has them in her purse. Very common with some species.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When they are cut we call em Bar hogs.
                            Could be farm pig got out and went feral. Watch a show where they let a domesticated hog out and it didn't take but a few weeks from the go feral. The amount of change in a short time was amazing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

We call them Bar hogs too. Usually a male that was caught in a trap at a young (ish) age. Castrated, sometimes clip their tail or get an ear notch. Then turned back into the wild. They'll get bigger that way. And a lot of people say the meat tastes better

Comment

Working...
                              X