• Show
Clear All

trailer

has any one built a trailer to stay in like 5x12

5x10, 6x12 and 16ft lowboy

Comment

lol i ment like a camper

Comment

I build kennel trailers. any where from 12 feet to the one I'm finishing this weekend that's 32 feet. never a camper but if you have questions about the frame/trailer aspect of it hit me up.

Comment

can you send pics of your 12ft trailer and price

Comment

Look into a tear drop, lots of styles, many built on the HF $300 frame, or boat trailers. Lots of different sizes. and budgets. One guy even built a yard shed on a trailer and fixed it up.

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/

Seems like great folks on that forum, one day I'll try one.

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

Here's on I just saw, not as big as you wanted, but could be done on the cheap. I think someone here even had a bed cap for sale $50 or so a while back.

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45827

Comment

couldn't find any pics of a smaller one. don;t know where they went. but this is a 32 foot i built a few years back. just imagine it 20 feet shorter with a single axle rather then a tandem. an 8 dog trailer is 16' and those we sell for $3600. sorry i thought we had made a smaller one but i guess the littlest one we've ever done has been 16'.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Are you talking about one of these? Bowtech32 did a rebuild...

Comment

Not sure what you are wanting to spend (this isn't my trailer), but it might be an option, possibly cheaper than building and renovations could take place over a while.

http://collegestation.craigslist.org...649623316.html

Comment

This is one of the coolest ones I have seen on here

Comment

there's some good info on here, just enough to get me thinking about another project which is just enough to get me in trouble with the wife

Comment

Originally posted by austinmike View Post
                            has any one built a trailer to stay in like 5x12
                            There was another guy from Austin that had one, can't remember his sign one, think his name was Rick, held a pig hunt in Laredo we went on. He had one built for a 16' lowboy. Just built out of siding & had a fold down rear door that served as a ramp for ATV's. Had A/C unit also. I was going to build a slide/in for my 12' trailer that had a couple fold up bunks, small kitchen, & bathroom.
                            Let's call it the TEMPTOYHUNTERHAULER

Comment

Don't forget to check out craigslist. You Austinites have some crazy/cool stuff on there at times! I've driven from Waco to Austin many times for some unbeatable craigslist deals.

Comment

Working...
                              X