First bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First bow

Today I went to The Bow Shop and put money down (layaway) for my first bow. I'm torn between which to choose still. I shot the Mission Hype DT and felt awesome, but my issue is between picking that or the Craze II. Anyone have any advice on both? The owner said the Craze is better for when in treestands, etc, since the Hype is 31". Thanks yall!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Congrats on taking the plunge! I don't know a thing about wheel bows so I can't offer more than well wishes.

Comment

Get whichever one feels the best in your hand. Bowhunting is all about confidence!

Comment

You might want to get this thread moved to Around the Campfire where it will get a lot more knowledgable answers. Most of us in the trad forum don't deal with wheel bows too much.

Good luck with your new bow!

Bisch

Comment

Welcome to the sport, both of those bows have a good reputation. Like said above pick the one that feels the best to you. I wouldn't worry about length.

Comment

Originally posted by ladytxn86 View Post
            Today I went to The Bow Shop and put money down (layaway) for my first bow. I'm torn between which to choose still. I shot the Mission Hype DT and felt awesome, but my issue is between picking that or the Craze II. Anyone have any advice on both? The owner said the Craze is better for when in treestands, etc, since the Hype is 31". Thanks yall!

Here is my opinion:

1) Both are great resale because they are fully adjustable.
            2) The ATA length difference of 3" in my opinion isn't going to buy you that much in a tree stand or anywhere else. Honestly, where that 3" will help is in forgiveness. The 31" will be a little bit more forgiving than 28".
            3) The weight difference of 1/2 lb is something to consider. It boils down to how it balances in your hand. I wouldn't worry too much about carrying weight.
            4) The Hype DT has the string stop. String stops are AWESOME! They server 2 purposes. 1, they make the bow quieter and 2, they help prevent string slap because the string isn't allowed to whip forward (you can still slap your arm, but I personally thing this thing helps prevent that.

On paper, I think the Hype is worth the little extra money for the string stop. If the craze has a screw hole for an aftermarket one then maybe you can add one.

The craze is a good reselling bow. you won't have a hard time dumping it if you decide to do so later.

At the end of the day, you should shoot both and figure out which is better for you. I shot a Venture and another similar bow (didn't have the dampener) when I got my first compound and I could tell the difference and preferred the Venture (slight more, had the dampener and cable rollers instead of guides.)

Comment

Thank you! I did shoot both and enjoyed both so couldnt decide wholeheartedly. They did tell me you can add a string stopper to the Craze. This is a bow I am wanting to grow with so doubt I'll resale it for a very long time. I appreciate yalls advice.

Comment

This is just my opinion (everybody has one.)

If I were buying a bow for my wife and she liked both and couldn't honestly tell the difference between the two then I would:

Buy the craze at $80 cheaper... have them put a $40 string stop on it. Use the extra $40 to buy a good Scott release.

Comment

Id pick a Longbow, one is good for life and adjusts itself as you grow never needs an upgrade and with the Money you save buy Arrows and a glove.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                    Here is my opinion:

1) Both are great resale because they are fully adjustable.
                    2) The ATA length difference of 3" in my opinion isn't going to buy you that much in a tree stand or anywhere else. Honestly, where that 3" will help is in forgiveness. The 31" will be a little bit more forgiving than 28".
                    3) The weight difference of 1/2 lb is something to consider. It boils down to how it balances in your hand. I wouldn't worry too much about carrying weight.
                    4) The Hype DT has the string stop. String stops are AWESOME! They server 2 purposes. 1, they make the bow quieter and 2, they help prevent string slap because the string isn't allowed to whip forward (you can still slap your arm, but I personally thing this thing helps prevent that.

On paper, I think the Hype is worth the little extra money for the string stop. If the craze has a screw hole for an aftermarket one then maybe you can add one.

The craze is a good reselling bow. you won't have a hard time dumping it if you decide to do so later.

At the end of the day, you should shoot both and figure out which is better for you. I shot a Venture and another similar bow (didn't have the dampener) when I got my first compound and I could tell the difference and preferred the Venture (slight more, had the dampener and cable rollers instead of guides.)
                    I couldn't agree more.

My opinion is to go with the longer A2A and heavier bow, both the longer A2A and weight will benefit you in both stability and accuracy (repeatability). In fact, as you progress you may end up adding still more weight down the road.

Comment

I got my dad a craze 1 to learn due to him losing some strength and he loved it but he injured himself again and bought him a crossbow. I'm selling it for 300obo with everything but broadheads

Comment

I will second the opinion on the longer ATA and weight. Makes the bow more stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X