Yet, another reason I HATE insurance companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet, another reason I HATE insurance companies

We have a roof on our house that has had shingles blow up every time the wind blows very hard from the south. Only on that side of the house. And we have had several hail storms that have damaged my roof all over, including denting some of my gutters (minor damage, but still). I have tried to file claims on our insurance with ALLSTATE several times and every single time they have told me that I don't need a new roof. Only needs patched. About 2 weeks ago, wind blew hard and again, shingles are gone. Now we have a leak and water damage in the master bedroom. Called my current agent and he gave me a name of a roofing company to call and have them look at it. Done, roofer says yes, more than enough evidence of hail and wind damage to get new roof, gutters, and window screens. Adjuster comes out today, guess what. Nope, just fix the water damage and patch job on the roof (again), no hail damage at all (I can see the hail damage to the shingles from the ground) and not enough damage to replace the gutters or screens. HAVE I MENTIONED THAT I HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES. I'll be shopping for a new company soon. I've already contacted my agent and he is escalating the claim as he trusts the company that he referred me to, to recommend what needs done.

Need to get ignorant with them. Don't take a patch job. Demand a full new roof. You have proof that its needed. Tell them you want another adjuster. I had to do this with mine after Ike. They strung me along for 4 months. Once I finally had enough, threatened and used the word law suit....my issue was resolved in 4 days.

Comment

Sorry for that. They can be a pain!

Comment

After a significant hail storm last year tht I took photos and video of, I left ALLSTATE! Very similar story.......
        I dropped the auto and house insurance with them and went else where, and saved premium money!

Rant over, Sorry for our issue, hope it works its self out.

Rwc

Comment

What a POS company...I would leave immediately and spread your story all over

That is just sorry of them.

Comment

Cheaper for you to leave than for them to fix all of that. They dont really care if you leave.

Comment

And they have a proposed bill trying to prevent lawyers from suing if roofs were damaged and not fixed properly. Why can't we find out which elected dirtbags vote for these bills and see if they take PAC money from lobbyist and file criminal charges against them. Lots of free money and stuff politicians get for their vote on stuff I'd bet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fighting car insurance now. Liberty mutual has gone up on my auto from 163 a month to 278. Zero claims

Anyone in the biz wanna quote me?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  Fighting car insurance now. Liberty mutual has gone up on my auto from 163 a month to 278. Zero claims

Anyone in the biz wanna quote me?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Anyone interested, send me a PM with your email address and Ill send you an email back to run some quotes for yall. Company I work for, if you have no claims, no tickets, and great credit were pretty competitive on our rates. Home, Auto, Renters, Condo, and Life.

Comment

You need to find and AGENT that will take care of you, not an insurance company. I have an agent that I have my vehicles, homes and furnishings and whatever else I need insured and have filed claims on my vehicles, house, RV and 4 wheeler with ZERO problems. It really is not the insurance company it is not having a agent that takes care of you.

Yes I may pay more in premiums than some or most, but that cost is offset by not having any problems with claims.

Go cheap on rates, get cheap service!

Comment

This is with ALLSTATE, not cheap insurance rates.

Comment

You need a public adjuster or lawyer that handles insurance claims.

Comment

Had the same problem about 15yrs ago. Call the Texas State Insurance Board. My roof got torn up from a hail storm and was leaking in my living room. Adjuster said roof was fine, but they would pay to re-paint my living room ceiling. After I called the state insurance board I had a check in hand in 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            Cheaper for you to leave than for them to fix all of that. They dont really care if you leave.
                            This is what I found out too....ha

They could care less.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                              You need a public adjuster or lawyer that handles insurance claims.
                              Second the public adjuster

Comment

Working...
                              X