No announcement yet.

I Have Hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect shot. You should thank him for dying in a convenient spot!

Comment

Heck of a shot! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
        I asked the question in another thread "Do I Have Hogs?" and that was tongue-in-cheek. Tonight I went for a sit, even though the pasture was too wet to drive across the creek.

What happened here?

Hogs showed up before the feeder spun--came in from behind me and caught me texting and semi-spooked, but circled and came into the pen. Hand corn wasn't enough to interest them (3 medium boars) and they left. About 5 minutes later another group comes from my left front and come in to the pen. Sight light on, hook up, draw, anchor, aim, and squeeze it off, and away they went. Followed the red nock and heard the arrow snap. Then the feeder went off so I nocked another arrow just in case--nope.

Got down and found blood traces about 10' from where he caught the arrow and walked on to the glowing nock and started the blood trailing.

This

And this, and at this point I'm pretty sure I'll find a dead swine in a bit

Blood trail led into a thick pear patch so I circled around to the two-track on the other side to see if it made it thru the pear, and found him dead in the road.

First kill of 2017 and first kill with my new-to-me Elite Answer. Entrance wound is shown, and the exit was at the point of the off-side elbow, so just about right. 58 lbs DW, 28 DL Easton XX75 2215 Aluminums wearing 150-gr Snuffers. Got 'er done. Dragged him off to the buzzard buffet--he had some stink but not quite a stank.

And, one of the best things, when I got back to the truck and climbed into the bed to take off my mud boots, I looked up into the night sky and what constellation do I see? Orion of course! How appropriate.

You "Snuffed" em. [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like he bounced off trees like a pinball.

Comment

Very nice!

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            Looks like he bounced off trees like a pinball.
            Yep, looks like that one had a flair for the dramatic!

Comment

Keep stacking them up.

Rwc

Comment

Nice shot! Congrats.

Comment

Congrats brother! Love my Elites too. 2 Judges here. Want to add an Answer someday.

Comment

Congrats on a good shot.
                    Great pics.

Comment

Congrats! Love it when a plan comes together! !!

Comment

I'm just south of Seguin by 20 miles and the hogs have moved in bad. I kill two and three more move in. My feeders are penned in but the hogs have rooted up 30 acres or so of my place.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          I'm just south of Seguin by 20 miles and the hogs have moved in bad. I kill two and three more move in. My feeders are penned in but the hogs have rooted up 30 acres or so of my place.
                          At least it gives us something to do when it isn't deer season --

Comment

congrats on the porkchops. I have to start doing some pig eradication myself pretty soon.

Comment

Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                                X