Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New sting tracker

Like the way hooks up to bow

I have never used one but have often wondered how well they work.
    I know several folks think real highly of them

Comment

Not really new. Drifter Traditional Archery (Chad Orde) has been making and selling those on Tradgang for several years. I have the strap on and the screw in ones, and they function great, and look waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more better on a trad bow than that old plastic one.

Bisch

Comment

This first time I seen them I got one one order

Comment

Bisch: Is it tricky to connect string to arrow, and should someone be worried that string would snag on something or affect it's flight (or, maybe, not feed out reliably)?

Comment

I used to to use these for turkey all the time, until the Gobbler Guillotine came out anyway. They really didn't seem to effect my arrow out to 20 yards at all; I'm sure it did, but not enough to cause me to move the sights or anything.

I loved the string tracker for turkey, worked great.

As far as tying the string on to the arrow; I used a constrictor hitch and little dab of glue.

Of course, I'm no trad guy, all this was done with my compound gear.

Comment

New sting tracker

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
              Bisch: Is it tricky to connect string to arrow, and should someone be worried that string would snag on something or affect it's flight (or, maybe, not feed out reliably)?

Not tricky at all. I just unscrew my broadhead a turn or two, wrap the line a couple times, and tighten the broadhead back tight.

For wood arrows, all you need to do is put a 1/4" piece of the hook side of velcro around the shaft right behind the broadhead, then wrap the line a couple times in the velcro. It will not come off.

Bisch
              Last edited by Bisch; 09-03-2016, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X