6.8mm Weapons & Ammo for Army NGSW Textron Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.8mm Weapons & Ammo for Army NGSW Textron Systems

Thought some of you might enjoy this...pretty interesting design with the incapsulated round & forward ejection. Only issue I can see is maybe one's hand blocking the ejection port.

The following review was filmed at a private range.This review is of a prototype for military use only and is not commercially available.The NGSW contract wa...

I would like to know more about the ammo... why is the cap needed?

Comment

Love that caliber... My go to rifle right now is my ARPerformance 6.8 SPC with the Hornady 120 gr... First time at the range before I got my good optics, I shot a 0.375 5 shot group at 100 yards with it... I was flabbergasted!! Got some really god video footage of coyotes and does going lights out via head shots out to 186 yards... Plus recoil is light enough, my grandsons (7 and 9 years old) are able to shoot it comfortably... oldest got his first deer last year with it... plus he got a big ol' java-stinkpig with it... the kid's hooked on hunting now and Poppa couldn't be happier!!

Comment

This 6.8 i think is more related to a 308 case only because they said it had more energy??

Hope more info surfaces...interesting concept for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Love that caliber... My go to rifle right now is my ARPerformance 6.8 SPC with the Hornady 120 gr... First time at the range before I got my good optics, I shot a 0.375 5 shot group at 100 yards with it... I was flabbergasted!! Got some really god video footage of coyotes and does going lights out via head shots out to 186 yards... Plus recoil is light enough, my grandsons (7 and 9 years old) are able to shoot it comfortably... oldest got his first deer last year with it... plus he got a big ol' java-stinkpig with it... the kid's hooked on hunting now and Poppa couldn't be happier!!

You did know that you can get a T/C Contender barrel in that round, right?

Might add one, or two, 6.8 SPC to my barrel collection.
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-12-2020, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Very interesting video Paul. Thanks for bring it.

Comment

That would be a great T/C caliber. Heck Michael, I haven't shot any of my contenders is probably 6 or 7 years, maybe longer...

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                I would like to know more about the ammo... why is the cap needed?
                From what it sounds like it is basically like the old paper cartridges they used to use in the 1800s. Modern cartridges the brass takes a bunch of the work of keeping stuff together when it goes off. On this new rifle the plastic case is just a delivery mechanism of the powder charge, primer, and bullet the chamber and bolt does 100% of the work of keeping it all contained once it detonates. At least thats what I got from it. Think it is 100% encapsulated to be water proof. I am honestly curious how much that little cartridge ways compared to a 5.56 running 62 gr bullets

Comment

Pretty cool technology

Comment

Working...
                  X