Sour Pickled Beer gun is a 6.5x55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the gun I picked up in the Pickled Beer trade is a 6.5x55 Sweden. Can anybody tell me about this round. Decent pig/deer round? Best ammo or can ammo even be found.

Thanks

Cool, How did you get the beer to give to him?

edit: no help with the OP although it's a 6.5 and I think the go to round across the pond.

Comment

Will be your new favorite caliber. Lapua makes good ammo...

Comment

Ammo is typically available by a few manufactures but not a lot of diversity in bullet weights. Works awesome for deer and hogs and Hornady 140gr SSTs are what I use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by bmac; 10-09-2020, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I always wondered why this round never caught on when I was doing a whole lot of reloading back in the 1980s. Some of the upper class guns back then chambered it. Super BC available on projectiles.

Comment

They have killed a bunch of moose with them in Sweden and those guns are usually in great shape because Sweden has never been to war.

Comment

Dang good score for you. Should be a sweet rifle

Comment

Excellent round. I sighed mine in at 100 yards with the cheapest soft point Cabelas had, 16.99/box hen shot a 1” group with it. 3 Hornady reloads with 140ge sst and vv 165 powder all 1/2” or less. No recoil.

Comment

Drool. Awesome trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                    Excellent round. I sighed mine in at 100 yards with the cheapest soft point Cabelas had, 16.99/box hen shot a 1” group with it. 3 Hornady reloads with 140ge sst and vv 165 powder all 1/2” or less. No recoil.

I will for sure check at Cabelas my next trip for ammo. The gun shop I took it to had a box of Hornady for $39 for 20 rounds. So cheap ammo for pigs would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                      Cool, How did you get the beer to give to him?

edit: no help with the OP although it's a 6.5 and I think the go to round across the pond.

Specs on Northwest Highway in DFW area has it with a few other places. ( Whole Foods Market and Amazon also) Its great having a daughter that is 21 now, called her to go to Whole Foods and she knew where else to find it since her moms BF drinks that beer. She picked it up and brought it to me. She say she has first rights to shooting it now. We will see about that.

Comment

Sounds like she deserves the first shot.

Comment

Yea the 6.5x55 is a great round. Can reload for it cheap and it’s a hog,deer destroyer

Comment

My go to deer rifle. Load 46.5 grains of reloder 22 under a 140 Nosler Partition. Killed a mess of deer and pigs with this load. It’ll shoot clean through a whitetail length ways, I’ve done it. Excellent penetration.

Comment

Found out about the caliber by accident when a friend let me use his. Bought a Winchester M70 feather weight. Shoot factory Winchester 140 grain soft points. One inch groups at a hundred yards. Less recoil than a 243. Absolutely love the gun. You will too.

Comment

Working...
                              X