2017+ Duramax owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017+ Duramax owners

Looking into buying one of the 445hp trucks gmc or Chevy. Who’s had problems and who loves them?

I have a 17 chevy. Love the truck. There is a recall for the transmission cooler lines rubbing on the bumper bracket. Dealer replaced mine before it rubbed through. I believed this issue was fixed mid year on 18. There was also a recall on the rear axle. The cost to delete is stupid expensive compared to others due to the new ecms used. I have a crew cab long bed work truck package. Has 27k miles with over half being used to 35 foot bumper pull camper to the mountains for hunting and vacations. I was leary of buying a first year motor but anything beat the 16 f250 lemon i had.
    Last edited by doublearrow; 05-09-2019, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
      I have a 17 chevy. Love the truck. There is a recall for the transmission cooler lines rubbing on the bumper bracket. Dealer replaced mine before it rubbed through. I believed this issue was fixed mid year on 18. There was also a recall on the rear axle. The cost to delete is stupid expensive compared to others due to the new ecms used. I have a crew cab long bed work truck package. Has 27k miles with over half being used to 35 foot bumper pull camper to the mountains for hunting and vacations. I was leary of buying a first year motor but anything beat the 16 f250 lemon i had.

What are you asking for the square body in your profile picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
        What are you asking for the square body in your profile picture?

Not for sale lol

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
          Not for sale lol

Good looking truck

Comment

I've had the 17 put a 100 thousand miles on it no problems at all . Drive a 19 now

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

My 19 one ton drives smoother than my 14 three quarter ton

Comment

I test drive a 18 3/4 ton the other day. Seems like a really nice truck. My brother in law has a 18 but the check engine light has been on about 5 times so I’m a little worried.

Comment

I have a '19 2500HD but only have 10k miles on it so far. Here are the only two negative things I have to say about it...

1. It shifts rough in my opinion compared to the Ford's I've owned. Dealership has checked it out and claims it's normal but I don't think so.

2. The feel of the 445hp is underwhelming to me compared to the Powerstrokes.

This is just my opinion based on the first 4 months of having this truck.

Comment

I have a '18 with 40k miles on it and I like it. I can tell the difference in power compared to my '13 powerstroke. I dont think you can go wrong with either truck to be honest. I like both trucks.

Comment

I have a 16 3500, and my cousin has a 19 2500. His shifts allot harder than mine. My 16 is very smooth.

Glad I don't have that hood scoop either. That thing takes allot away from your view.

Comment

I have an 18, owned a 16 before this one. Had no problems at with either one, but the 18 is much better!! I have a 40ft 5th wheel and it pulls so much stronger than the 16 did. Mine is a 2500 LTZ.

Comment

I have a 2018 Denali HD and have had no trouble out of it in 35k miles. The only modification I've made is a fuel throttle sensor to get rid of the lag off thg he line. Plenty of power to spare!

Comment

All modern diesels are reliable with the exception of emissions systems.

Pick the one you like best, don’t put junk fuel in it, keep the filters changed and oil clean and it’ll last you a long time.

The power the diesels have is incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                              I have a 16 3500, and my cousin has a 19 2500. His shifts allot harder than mine. My 16 is very smooth.

Glad I don't have that hood scoop either. That thing takes allot away from your view.
                              If that tiny hood scoop obstructs your view you might need a couple phone books to sit on

Comment

Working...
                              X