Crossfire Timed Protein Feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossfire Timed Protein Feeder?

I am considering buying a Diamond Timed Protein Feeder from a member here. I think these have now been rebranded as Crossfire feeders. Its a stand and fill with troughs and looks like a pretty good feeder but I wanted some opinions from owners. Specifically whether it would stand up to Aoudad?

No Aoudad experience with mine, but so far has been great. I have a 1000lbs one. Its brand new so the jury is out. My cousin has an older model that's doing just fine.

Comment

If they are steel I hope the paint job is a LOT better than our bulk protein feeders were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
        If they are steel I hope the paint job is a LOT better than our bulk protein feeders were.

Did they rust out?

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
          Did they rust out?

Had to repaint the first year. Not much paint used at all. Started to rust all over less than 6 months.

Comment

I wouldnt base it on the paint. None of the feeder companies do a very good job. I bought the HB timed feeder and paint was coming off in sheets within 5 months.

Comment

Lamco's are galvanized. No paint needed. My wife has the trough feeder for her goats. They haven't been able to tear it up. Sorry OP, off topic.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Lamco's are galvanized. No paint needed. My wife has the trough feeder for her goats. They haven't been able to tear it up. Sorry OP, off topic.

Yep I use one (lamco trough) for ram lambs works great.

Comment

Working...
                X