Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help unsticking tractor in Madisonville.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help unsticking tractor in Madisonville.

We managed to sink a tractor pretty deep in some nasty gumbo mud about 20 miles north of Madisonville. Any suggestions on who to call to pull it out once it’s gets dry enough?

Originally posted by hero_moneybags View Post
    We managed to sink a tractor pretty deep in some nasty gumbo mud about 20 miles north of Madisonville. Any suggestions on who to call to pull it out once it’s gets dry enough?
    I’m gonna guess that it does not have a FEL? If it does, it will get you unstuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
      I’m gonna guess that it does not have a FEL? If it does, it will get you unstuck.
      This. Or wrap a chain around the axle and let it winch itself out?

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
        This. Or wrap a chain around the axle and let it winch itself out?
        I’m hoping he has a FEL and just don’t know that he can “walk it out”.

Comment

If it doesn’t have a front end loader on it, is there any chance you could put down boards or pieces of plywood and slide floor jacks up under and then use cribbing to get it up and keep it up? Just a thought. Sometimes you can cut down small trees and gradually get them slid up under it while jacking. It doesn’t have to look exactly neat or organized to work.

I know it’s messy, but I’ve had to improvise in really crappy situations like this before. The mud would be so deep that a 4 WD truck would get stuck if you tried to venture out to where the tractor or Heavy Equipment was stuck at.

Comment

Try a 2 x 4 strapped to tire or both tires. Google it.

Comment

pics please, i sank one past the axles this season trying to get some other lease members out

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
                Try a 2 x 4 strapped to tire or both tires. Google it.
                This^^ has gotten my tractor out of some buried situations before.

Comment

I've been stuck so bad I had to call drake towing out of madisonville.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sometimes even with a loader you cant get out if the ground is so soft the loader just pushes mud..
                    If there are trees close by run a strap around the axle and through the wheel. Other end around the tree or a stump. Put the tractor in gear and let the axle act as a wench.. if it has a mower or box blade unhook it .
                    If you have a loader you can use the strap and tree with the bucket. Strap around the bucket and curl the bucket to move forward. Take out slack and repeat.

Comment

I guess he didn’t need too much help. Another hit and run help thread.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post

Maybe he got flustered and decided to just get drunk.....

Comment

Need pics.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post

Or he is digging.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                              Not always, especially if you are on the rear axle . Even chaining off on trees, still won’t get you unstuck.

Not to mention pulling trees over, who would of thought you could pull over a 12” mesquite
                              Last edited by Texans42; 02-03-2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X