No announcement yet.

Val Verde County Rut???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I knew as much as I thought I did I sould be taged out the first day... soooo no. I have no clue...

Comment

We hunted around Dolan Creek rd. for 14 years.....the week before Christmas seemed to be the peak time...activity began around Thanksgiving .....or a little after....

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
        We hunted around Dolan Creek rd. for 14 years.....the week before Christmas seemed to be the peak time...activity began around Thanksgiving .....or a little after....
        You ever get any good ones?????? How far Dolan creek road?

Comment

We hunt off Old Pumpville Road and last year right after Thanksgiving was pretty good. I saw several nice bucks hounding the does and rattled in a few. Thanksgiving is the later in the year this year and I think it will be hot and heavy this year near the first of December.

Comment

I think this year weekend after thanksgiving should be chasing from there to dec10 is our best time. Last year we killed 5 thanksgiving week, they just started none of the bucks were broke up yet,seen two 160 fighting in the river bottom I just tagged out so I let my friends 11 yo shoot at them he shot twice at them while they were fighting and locked up.
            Went back December 20 and they were done by then. The 3 older guys hunting with us always plans their trip first week of December and stays 10 days.
            Last edited by Rodney Bauer; 10-24-2013, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney Bauer View Post
              I think this year weekend after thanksgiving should be chasing from there to dec10 is our best time. Last year we killed 5 thanksgiving week, they just started none of the bucks were broke up yet,seen two 160 fighting in the river bottom I just tagged out so I let my friends 11 yo shoot at them he shot twice at them while they were fighting and locked up.
              Went back December 20 and they were done by then. The 3 older guys hunting with us always plans their trip first week of December and stays 10 days.
              I plan on going from Nov.30 to Dec. 10 this year for sure.......all the other times I will be there will just be for fun and hope!

Comment

Been hunting off the lake & river for past 10 years.... rut usually starts after Thanksgiving.....good luck boys....ill be out there sunday after thanksgiving.

Comment

Going Wednesday to top off feeders hunt a few days then come back thanksgiving week with the kiddos, gave my tags to the boys this year. Next year it's who ever shoots first.

Comment

Rodney let me know how its looking down there if u don't mind...thanks

Comment

Headed out this coming Friday.........my wife will be shooting, I will just be watching.

Then will be back for 2 weeks in beginning of Dec. for the rut.

Comment

We are leaving out Thursday afternoon. Top off feeders and clean up around the house and check SD cards on Friday. Then its poker and adult beverages after dinner!

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                          We are leaving out Thursday afternoon. Top off feeders and clean up around the house and check SD cards on Friday. Then its poker and adult beverages after dinner!
                          Awesome I am off Dolan Creek Rd, how far are yall from there? Do yall get some good ones out there?

Comment

We are closer to Pumpville than Dolan Creek. this is my second year on the lease. We've seen some good ones and some on camera but haven't killed any in the last couple of years due to the drought. I killed a nice 9 point last year and kept waiting on a really nice 11 point that had split brow tines, but we never met up.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                              We are closer to Pumpville than Dolan Creek. this is my second year on the lease. We've seen some good ones and some on camera but haven't killed any in the last couple of years due to the drought. I killed a nice 9 point last year and kept waiting on a really nice 11 point that had split brow tines, but we never met up.
                              Here is a few pics of my place in this thread, I bought it in 2009.

Comment

Update

So any updates on this...
                                i was out on saturday nothing but does at the feeder but they were sure their early came in running like a freight train once the feeder went off....
                                but no signs of RUT activity hunting just passed the Base...

Comment

Working...
                                X