• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's activity Victor?

Comment

Originally posted by blntrey3 View Post
      How's activity Victor?

On camera looks like most of the movement is in the morning bout an hour past sunrise and later on cooler days and really really late in the evenings guess its due to the hot weather I didn't see not one thing yesterday had a bad wind right at my back and over my set up but I could hear the axis yelling not to far...... Its supposed to be in the mid 80's today .!!!! Going out this weekend hope its gets better.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VictorG830 View Post
        On camera looks like most of the movement is in the morning bout an hour past sunrise and later on cooler days and really really late in the evenings guess its due to the hot weather I didn't see not one thing yesterday had a bad wind right at my back and over my set up but I could hear the axis yelling not to far...... Its supposed to be in the mid 80's today .!!!! Going out this weekend hope its gets better.!!!
        You think it is gonna be one of those years where there is not a full blown rut....kinda just hit and miss as does come in???

Comment

You think it is gonna be one of those years where there is not a full blown rut....kinda just hit and miss as does come in???

Yep that's what its looking like , im banking on a locked down buck coming in after a hot doe to my set up this is my only option at this point because I have yet to see the same activity as last year, I had bucks chasing hard by this time last year....... this year still no action to get excited about.! Put some scents around my cam see what shows up.!

Comment

Yep that's what its looking like , im banking on a locked down buck coming in after a hot doe to my set up this is my only option at this point because I have yet to see the same activity as last year, I had bucks chasing hard by this time last year....... this year still no action to get excited about.! Put some scents around my cam see what shows up.!
            10-4

Looks same at my place, some rutting some not

Comment

My neighbor killed a 12 pt last weekend......has anything changed since the front moved through?

Comment

My neighbor killed a 12 pt last weekend......has anything changed since the front moved through?

Well looks like it is cooling down mid 30's expected at night mid 60's in the day I gotta visit customers today so no chance to get away but im sneaking out of the office and taking off Friday so ill update then.!!!

Comment

Well looks like it is cooling down mid 30's expected at night mid 60's in the day I gotta visit customers today so no chance to get away but im sneaking out of the office and taking off Friday so ill update then.!!!
                  I will be headed that way this weekend

Comment

BLNTREY3 if you go this weekend good luck man I'm skipping this weekend and I'll be back for four days after Christmas

Comment

will be at the lease this weekend , I will try and bring this post back up Saturday and let yall know. 22 miles off 277.

Comment

It's been in the 30s at dawn I have notice a lot of deer movement on cameras... Granted the cameras are not at the lake where I hunt but it seems to me like some bucks are still rutting and running does... Good luck to all...

Comment

My dad has been at our place since 12/13, west of the 277/377 split.

Said young bucks trying to chase does, still. Too young to understand the game they're trying to play.

Then he shot this buck last evening, said he came cruising through in a hurry, didn't care about eating just checking the crowd and moving on.

I"m heading out there tomorrow morning, grunt and bleat calls packed.

Comment

Congrats to your Dad, Gene! Nice Buck!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                              Congrats to your Dad, Gene! Nice Buck!
                              Thanks, David. He was pretty pumped!

Speaking of being pumped, my mom took these pics over thanksgiving at her stand close to camp. Had him right outside the window of her ground blind. He sat on that bluff, and watched the feeders for a while. All she had was a .38 and snake loads (she doesn't hunt, just likes to watch). Big cats are out there!

Comment

Wow , I bet she enjoyed that

Comment

Working...
                                X