squirrel hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

squirrel hunters

Where can I get a skinning hanger similar to the ones pictured for a decent price? Hard to pay $25+ for a tiny piece of metal...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've never used one, but the one on the right wouldn't be too hard to make.

Comment

You gonna hang a squirrel to skin it?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        You gonna hang a squirrel to skin it?
        yes it is my preferred method, or at least how I have the most success not getting hair everywhere. I end up ripping them to pieces when doing the cut & stand on their tail method also.

Comment

10 bucks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think I've ever cleaned a squirrel during all my years of hunting. I've cleaned about every game bird there is and tons of deer and hogs! One thing I remember growing up as a kid was my dad always saying he would rather clean a deer than a squirrel because they were so hard to clean. He was a big squirrel hunter when he was young and would kill his limits then give them to a friend so he didn't have to clean them.

Comment

When I get a chance I'm going to make one like the one on the right. My old worn out back will like standing up better than bending over.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                When I get a chance I'm going to make one like the one on the right. My old worn out back will like standing up better than bending over.
                you mentioned the "one on the right" twice now. Which one is that? I don't see it. There's one on the top and one on the bottom. I'm lost

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                  you mentioned the "one on the right" twice now. Which one is that? I don't see it. There's one on the top and one on the bottom. I'm lost
                  His pics are showing on my screen side by side. I'm talking about the one made from flat plate.

Comment

Fried squirrel is pretty good...

Comment

I love me some fried squirrel! I wish I didn't have to use a shot gun though. Hurts like a son of a gun when you bite down on a piece of shot. I usually try to use recipes for shredded meat so I can pick the shot out. Fixin to try squirrel enchilada's.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                        I love me some fried squirrel! I wish I didn't have to use a shot gun though. Hurts like a son of a gun when you bite down on a piece of shot. I usually try to use recipes for shredded meat so I can pick the shot out. Fixin to try squirrel enchilada's.
                        I tried my 17 wsm this past weekend. Went 10 for 10 on shots, but when I got back to camp and emptied my bag, one of my buddies asked if I used a 30-06. [emoji2] I blew the front ends up pretty good on the ones I didn't head shoot. Bout decapitated a couple.

Comment

Working...
                        X