Spine calculator for phone..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spine calculator for phone..

Can anyone recommend a calculator for the android phones. I don't have a computer at home . I'd like to check the spine on some arrows and most charts don't allow for added weight up front.

OT2go or maybe it is called qSpine.

Comment

I'll check them out thanks.

Comment

I use the 3rivers on my phone.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
          OT2go or maybe it is called qSpine.
          I got this the other day for my iPhone. $1 for the app and $1 more for the package with a ton of different arrow shafts to use in the app. It works good so far for me.

Comment

I tried out a few yesterday and I don't think they're accurate. I'd say Ranch Fairy was right on when he said most people on forums (Who get their info from calculators I assume) are wayyy overspined. I shoot 71 lbs, 29" draw, 29 3/8" arrows @ 532 gn, (100 gn insert, 125 gn head 300 spine GT Hunter XT) All those calculators told me I had a severely weak spine, and needed to drop down to 57 lbs draw weight to be correctly spined. I gave it a try, and cranked the poundage down to 62, 60, 59, then 57 lbs. Bareshafts were hitting to the left of field points. In addition, the arrows in flight and through paper told me those calculators were full of it. I cranked the poundage back up to 71 and was getting near bullet holes at various distance through paper.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
              I tried out a few yesterday and I don't think they're accurate. I'd say Ranch Fairy was right on when he said most people on forums (Who get their info from calculators I assume) are wayyy overspined. I shoot 71 lbs, 29" draw, 29 3/8" arrows @ 532 gn, (100 gn insert, 125 gn head 300 spine GT Hunter XT) All those calculators told me I had a severely weak spine, and needed to drop down to 57 lbs draw weight to be correctly spined. I gave it a try, and cranked the poundage down to 62, 60, 59, then 57 lbs. Bareshafts were hitting to the left of field points. In addition, the arrows in flight and through paper told me those calculators were full of it. I cranked the poundage back up to 71 and was getting near bullet holes at various distance through paper.

I think the calculators can be a good place to start. Not the end all. There’s allot more that goes into it of course. You still gotta shoot and make adjustments if that’s what your into.

Comment

I would say that a majority of youtube "bow experts" are hard to watch. Spine calculators from Easton, Victory etc are generally close but you will need to see how your setup shoots and if you can bare shaft paper tune. If your spine is way off you will struggle to get it dialed in.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post

See here is the thing about software, garbage in = garbage out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I heard TAP PRO is ok

Comment

qSpine is an awesome tool to have on your phone

Comment

Working...
                      X