Best place to buy 0 or 1 AWG wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place to buy 0 or 1 AWG wire?

I need about 25' or 30' of RED & BLACK 0 or 1 AWG wire for a 12K winch power supply harness to the front & rear of my truck. I've checked Amazon, but is there any better place to buy such a thing? Thanks

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
    I need about 25' or 30' of RED & BLACK 0 or 1 AWG wire for a 12K winch power supply harness to the front & rear of my truck. I've checked Amazon, but is there any better place to buy such a thing? Thanks
    I used the wire from an old set of jumper cables. Cut off the clamps and added terminals.

Comment

Welding leads work well. Chad (TxTechBowhunter) works at Morrison Electric.

Comment

I did the same thing. I cheaped out and did 2AWG though. I ended up getting a set that had the anderson connectors on them already, and included jumper cables. I will see if I can find them and send a link.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I did 1 AWG. Here is what I bought:
          Energizer 1-Gauge 800A Permanent Installation kit Jumper Battery Cables with Quick Connect Plug 30 Ft Booster Jump Start ENB-130-30' Allows You to Boost a Battery from Behind a Vehicle! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GU4O3GG..._AChmDbBMJY0Q9

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
            I guess I did 1 AWG. Here is what I bought:
            Energizer 1-Gauge 800A Permanent Installation kit Jumper Battery Cables with Quick Connect Plug 30 Ft Booster Jump Start ENB-130-30' Allows You to Boost a Battery from Behind a Vehicle! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GU4O3GG..._AChmDbBMJY0Q9
            I saw that. I've got that one (and a couple of others) in my Wish List on Amazon. Seems reasonable for what it is, just wondered if there was a better place to buy from. Thanks

Comment

I did a ton of looking before I bought. That was the cheapest I could find. Might be able to get the wire itself cheaper, but the connectors and the crimper for them would kill it.
              Good luck bud.

Comment

Are you a member of Wise Electric Coop? If so, the get it from them. Cheaper than anywhere else. I am about to buy a 1000' of 4/0, for $2.11 a foot. 1/0 is about $1.15 a foot.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                  I did a ton of looking before I bought. That was the cheapest I could find. Might be able to get the wire itself cheaper, but the connectors and the crimper for them would kill it.
                  Good luck bud.
                  Thanks, this is probably the way to go.

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
                  Are you a member of Wise Electric Coop? If so, the get it from them. Cheaper than anywhere else. I am about to buy a 1000' of 4/0, for $2.11 a foot. 1/0 is about $1.15 a foot.
                  No, I'm a TriCounty Electric COOP member.

Comment

I bought some off of ebay.....but it took a long.....long.......long.....long.....long.....tim e to get here.

Comment

The warm quick connect system is pretty slick. Just remember that’s a lot of juice coming through a non fused wire, or switch interrupted. Also remember cheap cables may have cheap insulation. 650 amp non fused wire makes a hell of spark if that cable rubs bare and grounds

I Made my jumper cables, air compressor and even road feeder compatible to the quick connect
                      Last edited by Texans42; 07-18-2019, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                        The warm quick connect system is pretty slick. Just remember that’s a lot of juice coming through a non fused wire, or switch interrupted

I Made my jumper cables, air compressor and even road feeder compatible to the quick connect
                        I'm planning on fusing it @ the battery connection. Those quick-connects are the cat's meow.

Comment

I have a hydraulic crimper and live in Saginaw if you want to build your own. Let me know if you need to borrow it.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                            Thanks, this is probably the way to go.

No, I'm a TriCounty Electric COOP member.
                            I actually got a much better deal than expected, from Wise Electric.

The 4/0 for $2.11 per foot is bundled cable that has two 4/0 wires and a 2/0 wire. I thought I was about to spend $2K, but it only cost me $680.

Comment

Might check a high end car stereo shop.

Comment

Working...
                              X