Moving to Houston area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
    59 S corridor, basically from I-10 to 288 look at the school districts and stay away from flood. Sugarland, Rosenburg, or Fulshear. But no Missouri City, Sharpstown, Alief, Kendelton or Beasley.

Map below may help
    This is killing me lol

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
      That’s hilariously accurate 😂
      Bahahahaha! Holy hell that is pure greatness!!

Comment

I live in Beach City which is east of Baytown and really like it. The school district is one of the best around Barber's Hill and it's in Chambers county.

Comment

I would say it depends on what you like to do. If you frequently go fishing, I would go toward the South side. Katy is 1 1/2 hours form the water. Growing up on the coast that was difficult for me to be that far from the water. However, I hunt more than I fish, so where I hunt is easier and faster to get to from the West side. If I hunted East Texas, it would be a longer drive, and I would want to be on the North side. That being said, any of the burbs are really now part of Houston, and the drive into town for ball games, or museums, or such are about the same with toll ways.

I love being in old Katy. Still feeling like a small town, but still growing, with growing pains. If I had to choose different, I would probably go toward Pearland, or further South.

Would never consider the East side at all.
          Last edited by captainsling; 07-09-2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

FYI 290 is just about done and now is one of the fastest freeways. I-45 from north is a nightmare now. And coming from Katy isnt any fun either.

Comment

Porter (north side) if you want pine trees,national forest,flooded timber and freshwater fishing. Needville/ Richmond if you want coastal fishing and duck hunting. Schools are good in both.

Comment

I would spend several hours researching the areas that flooded during Harvey. That’s a worst case scenario, but I’d never buy a house that flooded regardless of the situation. Some house had 6-7 feet of water in them.

Comment

I live right off I-10 just inside 99 (Westgreen) and I L-O-V-E the Katy area. It's growing a lot, and it was not designed to have the amount of people traveling side streets like Fry, and Mason, but it's still reasonable for the most part. The ability to get in to town (Houston) is stupid easy as long as it's not during rush hour with I-10, and also Westpark Tollway.

The food scene in Katy is EXPLODING. Lots of new little places to go, many of which are mom and pop type places.

If I was looking, I would look either just west of Katy Mills (Jordan Ranch), or right along 99, just north of Clay. Those 2 areas are under-developed at the moment, but will grow in the next 5-10 years significantly. Fulsher is also another area I would look at, and any where inbetween there and "Katy" would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                    59 S corridor, basically from I-10 to 288 look at the school districts and stay away from flood. Sugarland, Rosenburg, or Fulshear. But no Missouri City, Sharpstown, Alief, Kendelton or Beasley.

Map below may help
                    Bahahahaha

My condolences OP

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
                      I dont have a choice of all Texas. I have to be in a central hub location. San Antonio and Houston are the two main hubs and of course surrounding but the concentration of business as with most business is Houston area so that makes a lot more sense in order to get the most out of it. I will be handling STX ... south of i10 basically.
                      Mont Belvieu is really growing and the schools are top rated. Close to the chemicals industry, Port of Houston, major rail and trucking terminals, etc. Depending on your line of business. Also close to great hunting, bay fishing, offshore fishing.

Comment

I’ll just leave this here......2 peas in a pod [emoji30][emoji30]

Comment

Channelview or Denver Harbor are very nice.....

Comment

It's hard for me to envision anyone "loving" Katy. It used to be a nice little area outside of town with fields and large lots sprinkled in. Now it's 200,000 cookie cutter houses wedged into tiny lots with almost no green space and terrible congestion. And it's absolutely awful going to and from downtown or the galleria area from Katy.

Honestly, if your territory is the entire State of Texas, why not move to the hill country or something?

Comment

I would move as far out as you can stand to drive if it were me.

Comment

Moved to Kingwood six years ago and glad we did. I’m sure any of the ‘burbs would be good places to live but Kingwood is a close knit community and 59 is one of the better routes into Houston.

Comment

Working...
                                X