Clear All

Two seat vs four seat utv

Looking at getting a utv to get out of weather
    to and from blinds lease roads are terrible
    when wet,deep ruts black gumbo,using 4
    wheelers now will the 4 seater do as well as
    the 2 seater? Don’t want be using winch all
    the time.

I’ve seen the four seaters go through quite a bit. Just depends on the motor and tires. Shouldn’t be much of a difference other than a longer wheel base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My opinion is that if roads are bad, shorter is better. If you're using a four wheeler, the one seater is gonna be a big step up.

Comment

All comes down to what tires you are using imo. If you want a 4 seat with shorter wheelbase, look at kawasaki mule pro fxt, loving ours.

Comment

I’ve had both. Both did well in mud and slippery stuff. 4 seater turning radius is WIDE. Much easier to maneuver a 2 seater. Ride was about the same. I now have a 2 seater but I am seriously looking at a mule pro fxt. They seem to turn shorter than my Polaris ranger

Depends what all you are planning on doing with them. I thought I wanted a 2 seater to get around in the woods better. I miss the people capacity of the 4 seater.

Comment

I've you're getting stuck with a 4-wheeler, you'll get stuck with a sxs, and a sxs will get stuck worse...

Longer wheel base on a 4 seater can cause you to high-center easier than a 2 seater.

A sxs isn't as maneuverable as a 4-wheeler when it comes to avoiding ruts when you're hammered down in the muck trying to avoid ruts...

If you're not getting stuck in the gumbo and just sliding around, a 2 seater with good tires that clean out easily would do fine IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
              I've you're getting stuck with a 4-wheeler, you'll get stuck with a sxs, and a sxs will get stuck worse...

Longer wheel base on a 4 seater can cause you to high-center easier than a 2 seater.

A sxs isn't as maneuverable as a 4-wheeler when it comes to avoiding ruts when you're hammered down in the muck trying to avoid ruts...

If you're not getting stuck in the gumbo and just sliding around, a 2 seater with good tires that clean out easily would do fine IMO.

x2

Comment

Find a used year 2000 Toyota 4 Runner and you have a great hunting vehicle. You could probably find one for around $6500. Just look for one with no rust issues on the frame and under carriage. I have a 1998 with 4x4 e locker and it does all I need and more. I am now seeing all these side by sides now with heat and A/C and I am like really. I mean I understand but at that point in time just go with a street legal 4 Runner. It seats 5 easily, room in the back. Short wheel base, lots of power, can tow, easy to have worked on, dependable .....I can go on and on. But I will say that if the roads are so bad with deep gumbo probably only thing gets thru them is a light weight 4 Wheeler.
                Last edited by ranchdog; 08-13-2018, 08:33 AM.

Comment

My wife has a bad back, and her comfort was very important, as she does like to ride with me, and a lot of the times it is bad weather. Sloppy gumbo mud is hard to get around in a truck, but we have no problems with the UTV.

Looking at all the different makes and models, we found that straight upright seats were not comfortable for her, otherwise we would have gotten a Mule Pro. Have a 2016 Kawasaki Teryx two seater instead. Looked at all of them, and the 2 seater fit my trailer, where the 4's did not. Wasn't going to get another trailer. The other nice thing is the 2 seater has two huge waterproof and rustproof storage boxes which the 4's do not have. Wouldn't be without them, they are great. With top, windshield, and a winch we paid right at $12K new. Also, Kawasaki has a full 3-year warranty where all the others have six months!!!

Comment

I’m another vote for Kawasaki mule. The 4 seater is the shorter. Also can be changed to two person and have a bigger bed. They also have a 3 yr warranty.

Comment

x3 on the Mule Pro FXT. has a smaller turning radius that the others. Much better ride and can haul a full sized pallet when in the single seat configuration.

Comment

Check out the Honda's with the Quickflip seating.

They seem to be shorter than a typical 4 seater, and the seats can be flipped up or down depending if you want haul people or corn.

Comment

What would difference in single cylinder 4 stroke
                          and 2 cylinder 4 stroke have if just using for
                          for driving around lease and maybe hauling
                          6-8 bags of corn and no need for speed

Comment

Originally posted by L.T.K.56 View Post
                            What would difference in single cylinder 4 stroke
                            and 2 cylinder 4 stroke have if just using for
                            for driving around lease and maybe hauling
                            6-8 bags of corn and no need for speed
                            It just won't have the low end grunt of the 2 cylinder, or the power all the way through the throttle for that matter.

Comment

I’ve got a 4 seater and a two seater. The 4 seater obviously has a larger turning radius, and doesn’t do as well in tight areas. Mud doesn’t seem to be any more of an issue though. Increase tire size and tread pattern a little, and you’d be hard to get stuck. It still can happen, just not as likely.

Comment

Working...
                              X