Camping close to Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camping close to Houston

My daughter has a soccer tourney in Houston. I have a couple of months to plan, but looking for campsite with showers close-ish to town. Brazos Bend SP looks to be full. Anyone know of another place?
    We recently had a tourney in Vegas. I drove out and stayed at a SP. Absolutely had a great time camping and getting to see the tourney without having to be in the hustle and bustle of the strip.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Houston is huge - what part of town will the tourney be in? Might help narrow down some options for you.

Comment

Huntsville State Park...Galveston Island State Park

Comment

None are really "close" to Houston. It depends on where the games are. Since you said Brazos Bend, going to guess they are in Sugar Land? Stephen F. Austin is out I-10, west of Houston. Huntsville is out I-45, north of Houston and Brazos is SW of Houston off I-69. All of these are about an hour from the edge of Houston proper, so, it does depend on where the games are, but not really no State Parks in the Houston area are conducive to travelling back and forth for a tournament.

Comment

Couple spots at Lake Fayette. But again, depends what side of Houston.

Comment

Looks like all three fields are North of 10, west of 45 and south of 99?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a couple campground inside SMNF, Cagle and Stublefield. Those will be roughly an hour away

Comment

Little bit of a drive but the Sam Houston National Forest has lots of great camping. Double Lake is a good one.

Comment

Lake Livingston state park is also nice

Comment

Fairly close State Parks to central Houston (at least within a couple hours) -
                    Huntsville
                    Lake Somerville
                    Bastrop
                    Galveston Island
                    Lake Livingston
                    Brazos Bend (definitely the closest and probably the most booked)

As mentioned above, there's a park at Fayetteville Lake, I think it's a county, not State park, but not bad.

Comment

You can try Spring Creek Park. It's in Tomball and I believe they have campsites and showers. Plus it has an archery range.

What tournament is your daughter playing?

Comment

Lake Houston state park

Comment

There’s a new park on Hwy 59 just north of 99.

Comment

I’ll be camping with the fam at Huntsville State Park this weekend. It’s a really pretty park.

Comment

Originally posted by GLM View Post
                              There’s a new park on Hwy 59 just north of 99.
                              Where

Comment

Working...
                              X