Muzzleloader info help,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muzzleloader info help,

Brand new to this and i am getting mixed info from over the counter salesman,
    I need to know if i have to buy a muzzleloader scope or can i put a regular rifle scope on top of my new 50 cal,

Regular will work

Comment

Regular scope will be fine. I have a Nikon Prostaff on my muzzleloader and it works perfect.

Comment

Just get one with healthy eye relief.

Comment

Originally posted by kyleseipp View Post
          Just get one with healthy eye relief.
          I should say, I found a deal on a Nikon Omega muzzleloader scope and went that route since it had 5” eye relief. It was a muzz specific scope but I didn’t sacrifice quality.

Comment

Normal scope would work. When you sight in you'll know if it is no good.
            But if your one of those 300 yard, 150 grains of powder shooters. I'd get a scope with a BDC reticle.

Comment

Thanks guys. This helps a lot. And no Tony lol i am a 60 to 100 yd guy, or i hope to be this will be my second try from 20 years ago,

Comment

Originally posted by nothinbutwelves View Post
                Thanks guys. This helps a lot. And no Tony lol i am a 60 to 100 yd guy, or i hope to be this will be my second try from 20 years ago,
                Don't flinch from the delay and follow through. Good luck!

Comment

some "black powder" scopes have parallax set at 50 yards whilst regular scopes are set at a 100. Bout the only difference I KNOW of.

Maybe that pistol scopes I am thinking about??????????????????

Comment

Shotgun scopes work too---with the parallax adjusted for shorter yardage---as hpdrifter posted just previous.

Comment

Most of mine are smokeless MZ, but I have never used a MZ scope even on a black powder shooter.

You are fine either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have two I have a Nikon made for BP on my wife's, on mine I have a red field 4-12-50 and I like it, they are both clear and stay on point.

Comment

Have two ML, both have regular rifle scopes.

Comment

Originally posted by JonW View Post
                            Most of mine are smokeless MZ, but I have never used a MZ scope even on a black powder shooter.

You are fine either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Sorry to hijack a bit 12's. But felt this needed to be passed on

JonW. You mentioned that you have smokeless muzzleloaders. Are they Savage 10ML? Not sure if you are aware of it, but. Folks have been having those rifles blow up on them. What I am reading is that it is blamed on poor metallurgy. Just a heads up. Don't want anything bad to happen to anyone on here.
                            Look for yourself.

Comment

So went and shot today discovered 295 grain power belt is the bullet but why is it that the shot after you clean it it flys way out of bounds. Shooting dirty bore i got 1/2" group at a hundred yards i would clean it and the bullet would almost be off paper. What do you guys do to deal with this or am i alone in this, any 411 is much apreciated,

Comment

Working...
                              X