Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I had one close to my place

Comment

i love old hardware stores. they some of the best stuff.

Glad you clarified the avatar bet. i would have taken a beatin instead of that. Lol

Comment

I like that I can find any strange piece of hardware at Ace... I HATE that it'll cost me $3 for stupid little screw or fastener.

Comment

Hunting licenses, guns, ammo, any kind of special order you want. And a family discount. Lol, if your family. My uncle ownes the one in Crosby.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
            The Ace in Wimberley is top notch. They were the first to step up an help the community during the Memorial Day Flood of 2015 and the last to stop helping. I will support Ace over Amazon all day long.
            I was there and saw how great the owners were during this time. They were giving away tools free to anyone that needed them to clean up their flooded homes. They were the first to set up a supply center and organize volunteer clean up. I will always support my Wimberley Ace!

Comment

The ACE by us just closed. Sad to see it go for the most part. Had high schoolers working there. Too many in fact. They would have 10 people working in a week night it seemed. Every time I went in there I though “man their staffing costs must be through the roof.” But they had folks to help you unlike HD or Lowe’s. So that was good.
              Ours didn’t have a equestrian center, but had a big ol’ section of girly stuff for the ladies that live around here. But I like ladies better than horses so I’m was good with that. They seems to have a larger than needed selection of over priced coolers and smokers. Pellet and ceramic. It was frustrating to go in to find they didn’t have a very good selection, and would end up having to go to HD for what I needed.

Amazon is so cheap and convenient if you don’t need it in more than 2 days though.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                And before you ask, I lost an avatar bet
                Whatever hippie get out of here. This forum aint for yer kid!

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  And before you ask, I lost an avatar bet
                  lol!

Comment

I shop my local hardware store it may cost more but I can usually get what I need when I need it.

Comment

My local ACE is close. I ride my bike a lot when I'm doing a project and need something. Seems like I go there 3 or 4 times a day during my project. Unfortunately they don't carry nearly the variety or quantity of stuff I need for big projects (ie lumber) but I'll get all my other stuff there. I have to drive much further for HD or Lowes, so the added gas it takes offsets the additional price. I have AMAZON in the same city. Many things can be delivered to my house same day. That being said, usually when I need something from ACE I need it NOW. Saving the $13 and having to wait a day or two would not work for me. I love saving money, but the convenience for me to be able to ride a bike or even walk to ACE is HUGE.

Comment

Todays Amazon is the child of an excessive Dow Jones Industrial Avg. Their prime memberships make up a HUGE amount of their operating income. When the next crash happens the first thing to go will be all the Prime memberships because lets face it Walmart.com is usually cheaper. You just pay because you want that thingy right this second.

Maybe you should look at it as a 13 dollar punch to the face of Jeff Bezos

Comment

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
                          The ACE by us just closed. Sad to see it go for the most part. Had high schoolers working there. Too many in fact. They would have 10 people working in a week night it seemed. Every time I went in there I though “man their staffing costs must be through the roof.” But they had folks to help you unlike HD or Lowe’s. So that was good.

Ours didn’t have a equestrian center, but had a big ol’ section of girly stuff for the ladies that live around here. But I like ladies better than horses so I’m was good with that. They seems to have a larger than needed selection of over priced coolers and smokers. Pellet and ceramic. It was frustrating to go in to find they didn’t have a very good selection, and would end up having to go to HD for what I needed.

Amazon is so cheap and convenient if you don’t need it in more than 2 days though.

Our store in Kingwood is almost half candles and bath bubbles and all that girly stuff, and although I didn’t like it at first, I really loved the look on my wife’s face when the kids told her they shopped for her Christmas gifts at ACE.

Comment

If you really like ACE and want to support them, you should buy my parents store so they can retire. Great income and prime real estate.

Comment

Alspaugh's Ace in Kingwood is great. Expensive, but great. I always get good help there. Retired men that are handy and have been there, done that. Plus they support the community a lot.

Comment

y would you not support local jeez

Comment

Working...
                                X