Buddhism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    Christians burned and beheaded "witches" back in the day.
    At Curt's church? No? Then what is your point?

Comment

I would watch out for those who creates division and who makes other fall away from their Christian faith. By teaching doctrines that is not the same as you have learned. Stay away from those people!!

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
        Christians burned and beheaded "witches" back in the day.
        I know, but not last week.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
          Alright 4/5 are pretty similar...
          Maybe the practices are similar such as going to church, spreading their message, prayer life, etc...

But the fundamentals are different
          Only Christianity serves a “living” God, believes in Grace based Faith, & believes in a resurrected Lord & Saviour

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
            Maybe the practices are similar such as going to church, spreading their message, prayer life, etc...

Only Christianity serves a “living” God, believes in Grace based Faith, & believes in a resurrected Lord & Saviour
            Obviously you have not spent a lot of time researching and studying other faiths

To the OP, have you read The Art of Happiness, Radiant Mind or Being Upright? If not look into them. Good reads on the subject

Comment

I am no expert by any means but if I remember correctly God gave everyone free will to come to Him. Every religion believes their way is the correct way and all others are wrong. It is up to each individual to chose for themselves what is right. We are to go and plant the seed. To many times people want to plant the seed , fertilize it , water it , and harvest it. Let the seed do its thing . It will grow better if you leave it alone. I dont know enough about other religions to comment on the right or wrong of them but I do know at some point we will find out who's right and who's wrong. Maybe we are all wrong, Maybe we are right. All I do know is I'm glad I live in a country where I'm allowed a choice just as my God intended.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                Obviously you have not spent a lot of time researching and studying other faiths

To the OP, have you read The Art of Happiness, Radiant Mind or Being Upright? If not look into them. Good reads on the subject

Have not, thanks.
                Recently finished one called In This Very Life, which I found interesting

Comment

I have followed this thread from the beginning and I am pretty sad as what I have seen in this thread. It appears that all sides to these arguments and bashings grieve the Spirit. I am very sorry that is happening, but it is pretty much the norm today. The last time the world was in such revolt and was this far from God, Almighty God destroyed the earth with water. The next time it will be with fire. When that day is, I know not. As I read in what I personally believe to be God's Word, no one knows the hour, only The Father knows. I can't help but believe it is near. Everything seems to be spinning out of control and the spin seems to be increasing exponentially faster... Whether I die today or a hundred years from now, I am certain of my eternal home. I won't argue or try to persuade anyone who does not want to hear why I am so certain of my eternity, but if you do want to hear about it, let me know. I'd be glad to share with you what I have come to know and understand about what God wants for all people. Again, I am sorry for the direction this thread has taken...

Comment

This can all be summed up fairly easy, we all have Free Will. I might not agree with what you do, but you are Free to do whatever floats your boat, I don't even care if you talk to me about what you believe. It is not going to hurt my feelings, discussion is good and makes you examine your own belief even more. But at the end of the day everyone has to choose or in some cases not choose. Either way it is your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post

Muslims believe in the same god as Christians. Same god as Jews. Both Christianity and Islam were sects or cults of Judaism. All three religions hold the old testament as sacred and are all Abrahamic religions.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        I have followed this thread from the beginning and I am pretty sad as what I have seen in this thread. It appears that all sides to these arguments and bashings grieve the Spirit. I am very sorry that is happening, but it is pretty much the norm today. The last time the world was in such revolt and was this far from God, Almighty God destroyed the earth with water. The next time it will be with fire. When that day is, I know not. As I read in what I personally believe to be God's Word, no one knows the hour, only The Father knows. I can't help but believe it is near. Everything seems to be spinning out of control and the spin seems to be increasing exponentially faster... Whether I die today or a hundred years from now, I am certain of my eternal home. I won't argue or try to persuade anyone who does not want to hear why I am so certain of my eternity, but if you do want to hear about it, let me know. I'd be glad to share with you what I have come to know and understand about what God wants for all people. Again, I am sorry for the direction this thread has taken...
                        You sir are an example of a good and tolerant christian and in that regard hold similarities to most modern Christians I know and have met.

Comment

Tolerate

Comment

Comment

Great thread

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Very well said, pretty sure we would get along in real life.

Comment

Working...
                                X