No announcement yet.

Army worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any reports on the army worm activity in Cisco? I planted my plots Labor Day weekend. No Ag fields nearby thankfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ElCid07 View Post
      Any reports on the army worm activity in Cisco? I planted my plots Labor Day weekend. No Ag fields nearby thankfully.

I have them in Brock, not real close but...............

Comment

They’ve prettt much killed my yard, had it looking awesome too!!

Comment

They got me at the house in Spring Tx. right after the rain my yard was covered in them. Think we have it under control but will continue to treat.

Comment

Originally posted by ElCid07 View Post

You need to be checking your plots often right now. Everybody I've talked to has them.

They are as bad as I've ever seen them in Pilot Point.

Comment

Well, I’ll be at the lease for opening weekend. So I’ll bring my sprayer with me and hit it up if necessary.

Comment

Welp no hay cutting going to happen. We have lost 100 acres of hay pasture, 15 acres of new construction erosion control grass around a 25 acre lake, my yard(no mowing so that's a plus), inlaws yard, 200 acres of grazing pastures.

2 ranches I work for lost quite a bit as well. Luckily the main cattle ranch I was able to get sprayed. As for the other ranch and my personal ranch no luck controlling them in time.

They have cleared all coastal and now hitting all Bahia. No matter where you walk all you hear and feel is POPPING.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

From nice green growth to nothing! Now I just hope erosion mat and shredded hay can keep everything from washing out. Positive thing is root system was at least established.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hopefully they can’t swim!

Comment

They must have moved from my place to yours. They hit us the same way last week. Hopefully the rain will help us out

Comment

My plan was to plant oats next weekend in Erath County. Fertilizer is out and should of soaked in with the recent rain. I need to disk one more time. I may have to cross my fingers and have to try and plant the second weekend of October weather permitting. Decisions....decisions.

Comment

Its being called an epidemic spreading across Deep East Texas and the culprit is eating away lawns, gardens, and hay pastures.

Comment

I sprayed the army with napalm today they were done raiding my yard in about an hr
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X