Carbon express vs Black Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon express vs Black Eagle

It’s time for new arrows for my ZXT. I currently shoot gold tip velocity XTs, they’ve been ok. But I’m looking to get into something else. Been eye balling Black Eagle arrows for a while, specifically the Spartans or carnivores. But wanted to see opinions on them vs carbon express arrows, maxima hunters or reds or the blu’s. From their website they have a lot goin on with the dual spine and triple spine stuff. Is all that mumbo jumbo or is it legit? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have shot both of those brands and both are good arrows. I’d chose the black eagles because they are cheaper, and it seems easy to load up the front for a heavier arrow

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
      I have shot both of those brands and both are good arrows. I’d chose the black eagles because they are cheaper, and it seems easy to load up the front for a heavier arrow

Thanks for the input! I am wanting to put a heavier insert on the front, mess around with the whole F.O.C. craze, as well as give 4 fletch a try.

Comment

Anymore input??

Comment

I had the deep impacts with the instinct 100 grain outsert with a 150 gr head and they flew really good outta my 27" draw 60 lb draw weight PRODIGY.. I wanted to tinker with Deer Crossing Archery arrows, But I will be going back to black eagle and most likely go with the X Impacts this time in a 300 spine..

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
            Thanks for the input! I am wanting to put a heavier insert on the front, mess around with the whole F.O.C. craze, as well as give 4 fletch a try.

I want to make a comment here. Please do not take this wrong. It is just a comment. I want to talk about your word craze. Foc is not a craze. Foc has been around since arrows and bows have been.

The craze in the archery world is light and fast. Now a craze is short term. It has not been that many years ago that all bows where rated at AMO. this was done with a 540 gr arrow. The craze started and now we have ibo ratings and light 𝑭𝒂𝒔𝒕 arrows. But as you can see and even your self is looking into foc. This means and I’m seeing all over the place. Mass and foc is becoming more and more. So the craze is speed not foc. And speed is going away. We see this in the bow manufacture.

Remember just adding 𝑾𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 to the front of a shaft can cause more problems then helping. There are things that needs to be looked at when building foc arrows. Now if your staying below 19%. It’s not that big of a deal. But when you get into the 25% range then yes tun8ng of the arrow is what needs to be done. This is reaction tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
              I want to make a comment here. Please do not take this wrong. It is just a comment. I want to talk about your word craze. Foc is not a craze. Foc has been around since arrows and bows have been.

The craze in the archery world is light and fast. Now a craze is short term. It has not been that many years ago that all bows where rated at AMO. this was done with a 540 gr arrow. The craze started and now we have ibo ratings and light 𝑭𝒂𝒔𝒕 arrows. But as you can see and even your self is looking into foc. This means and I’m seeing all over the place. Mass and foc is becoming more and more. So the craze is speed not foc. And speed is going away. We see this in the bow manufacture.

Remember just adding 𝑾𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 to the front of a shaft can cause more problems then helping. There are things that needs to be looked at when building foc arrows. Now if your staying below 19%. It’s not that big of a deal. But when you get into the 25% range then yes tun8ng of the arrow is what needs to be done. This is reaction tuning.

The cats out of the bag bro, the cats out of the bag.......don’t worry I’m right there with you.....

Comment

Your right, I didn’t really mean craze. I’ve never messed with any kind of F.O.C., but I’ve been reading and watching videos to get some ideas. From using an F.O.C. calculator, what I was looking to do was adding up to 12-14%.

Comment

Your right, I didn’t really mean craze. I’ve never messed with any kind of F.O.C., but I’ve been reading and watching videos to get some ideas. From using an F.O.C. calculator, what I was looking to do was adding up to 12-14%.

adding 12 to 14% to what you have. or getting to 12 to 14%.

10 to 15% foc is the average. building a 12% or a 15% and all else being equal but foc you will not see a benefit. when you get to about 19% is where the claim is you see a benefit. the next point is around 25%. then another one around 30%.

there is no down side to increasing foc no matter what, but there are things that need to be looked at that is more critical when building foc arrows.

lots of information.

Comment

I have shot Easton FMJ’s for a long time switched to CE Maximum Red with excellent results. Now using the Max Red sd because it is heavier and groups my broadheads better.

Comment

adding 12 to 14% to what you have. or getting to 12 to 14%.

10 to 15% foc is the average. building a 12% or a 15% and all else being equal but foc you will not see a benefit. when you get to about 19% is where the claim is you see a benefit. the next point is around 25%. then another one around 30%.

there is no down side to increasing foc no matter what, but there are things that need to be looked at that is more critical when building foc arrows.

lots of information.

No 12-14% would be total, not added. So your saying that unless I get to 19% F.O.C. then the impact it will make on arrow flight is minimal?

Thanks for your info, I’ve been researching it for about 3 weeks and it seems like opinions on F.O.C. vary widely from person to person. I’ve seen some advocating for 20+ and some saying it doesn’t matter at all! That’s why I figured I’d just do it myself, trying different brass inserts and point weights and such figuring out what worked best for my set up. Which btw I shoot a Mathews ZXT, 28’ draw @ 70lbs.

Comment

No 12-14% would be total, not added. So your saying that unless I get to 19% F.O.C. then the impact it will make on arrow flight is minimal?

Thanks for your info, I’ve been researching it for about 3 weeks and it seems like opinions on F.O.C. vary widely from person to person. I’ve seen some advocating for 20+ and some saying it doesn’t matter at all! That’s why I figured I’d just do it myself, trying different brass inserts and point weights and such figuring out what worked best for my set up. Which btw I shoot a Mathews ZXT, 28’ draw @ 70lbs.

foc is a funny thing. and its like a lot of things some believe some dont.

look up joe Tapley. lots of great information on lots of stuff on arrows. I'm a 20% plus person. I look at it in a physics way. so its easy to show the benefits. its hard to in real life.

Comment

here is joe tapley

The basic mechanics of many aspects of Olympic recurve archery

Comment

foc is a funny thing. and its like a lot of things some believe some dont.

look up joe Tapley. lots of great information on lots of stuff on arrows. I'm a 20% plus person. I look at it in a physics way. so its easy to show the benefits. its hard to in real life.

Thanks for the info and advice bud!

Comment

Thanks for the info and advice bud!

Enjoy. Playing around is the fun art of this.

Comment

Working...
                              X