Cabela’s downhill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabela’s downhill?

Might just be me, however went to the Cabela’s in Buda and appeared the store has less selection for different items, especially in archery. Felt like a slightly expanded Academy archery department. The staff was friendly but not very knowledgeable. Felt the same way about the hunting apparel.

What did you expect it’s owned by Bass Pro Shops now.

Comment

Been going downhill for several years now. Stuff breaks and they don’t fix it. Less selection. I’d much rather go to Academy than Cabelas. This has been going on long before they got bought out.

Comment

It's a box store. They all have their issues.

If you want top shelf equipment, particularly in archery you need to visit a pro shop. They make their living on quality and service.

Comment

Fort Worth and Allen have been that way for quite awhile, well before Bass Pro bought them in my opinion. Another thing, when they were mail order their brand name clothes and boots were very good quality and much cheaper than others, now theirs are the same price, or higher.....

Comment

Very familiar with pro-shops for their expertise, however most of those shops do not carry significant choices in blinds, clothes, chairs, or items for other activities like fishing, camping firearms etc. Cabela’s was a entertaining experience for the whole family, not now.

Comment

Yep, started long ago, and I don't think it's going to get better ( never the way it used to be) sucks, but I think they went the wrong direction, when they started building all the retail stores. Internet sales are we're it's at, and it would have saved them hundreds of thousands of dollars. Sucks to see it happening.

Comment

I went to get a new turkey vest during turkey season and there wasn't even one in the whole store. Simply amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                  It's a box store. They all have their issues.

If you want top shelf equipment, particularly in archery you need to visit a pro shop. They make their living on quality and service.
                  ^This. If you want good service these days you won’t find it at a big box store. Untrained employees and low wages see to that. If you want service shop small, shop local. Your dollar means more to those people and they care about your experience.

Comment

+1 on what everyone else said above

Comment

I was there yeasterday. I guess I had a different experience. I needed to replace the livewell pump on the boat. Cabela's in Buda was the only store near by that had the one I wanted.

And when I went by the archery department, I saw they re-arranged things, but to me it seemed they had just as much of a selection as always.

I do think they have the end rows to close together, so it makes it hard to find stuff.

Comment

Cabelas archery section has always been inferior to Bass Pro. Not even close. Buda has been the same since day 1.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Cabelas has deff been on the decline
                          And their customer service snd lifetime warranties have gone to crap for sure since the buyout
                          Hello academy

Comment

Most retailers have been stocking less and less in store to save on inventory cost. Cabela’s has been in a slow decline over the last 2-3 years since the Bass pro deal started. Even when I worked for Cabela’s i would go to Cinnamon Creek to get anything archery related.

Also, the Buda store got a new GM some time last year so that may be part of what you’re seeing

Comment

Originally posted by 14JKURX View Post
                              What did you expect it’s owned by Bass Pro Shops now.
                              Pretty much verbatim what one of the older guys at the gun counter in the Buda store told me last week.

Comment

Working...
                              X