No announcement yet.

Cowboy coffee pot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patiently waiting for the guy from the last "Cowboy Coffee" thread who claimed it can't be called "Cowboy Coffee" because he's a real cowboy and doesn't make it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by clay c View Post
      patiently waiting for the guy from the last "cowboy coffee" thread who claimed it can't be called "cowboy coffee" because he's a real cowboy and doesn't make it that way. :d
      lol :d

Comment

Originally posted by rswell2 View Post
        I didn't see the part in the video where you add the caramel or sprinkles? Did I miss something? What about the non-dairy, non-fat soy?
        Use a flaming roasted marshmallow as sweetener

Comment

Pilar,
          That is one Super cool looking pot of your grandparents. Glad you saved it.

Comment

Have one that my granddad used back in the 30's and 40's. Its completely black from use on the fire. May have to get it out and try it.

Comment

Drink it black. Coffee is actually good for you if you don’t put all that **** in it.
              Last edited by El General; 05-22-2018, 05:58 AM.

Comment

8 oz of water is 1 cup, 4 cups in a qt, 20 cups in 5 qts, that would b 60 tbsp of coffee if u put 3 tbsp per cup. Gonna b REAL STRONG!!!

Comment

A lot people say they don't like strong coffee when really they don't like bitter coffee. You can add a pinch of salt to help with bitterness. Sounds weird, but it works.

We were camping in the Black Hills in SD on a mule deer hunt and had an old timer with us. His coffee pot had a long handle. After it boiled awhile he would actually stand off to the side of the fire and spin his arm, while holding the handle of the pot, in big fast circles. He insisted it settled the grounds in the bottom of the pot. I kept waiting for him to launch that pot out into the woods lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                    Grande non fat caramel, chocolate, rasberry, chocolicious, latte, frapaciuno, mochadevanilla for you sir
                    Just saying that makes me question your "preferences"!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                      Sorry BK didn't see that you had already posted it. You have good taste in cowboy coffee!
                      Chew also posted the link, above.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        Patiently waiting for the guy from the last "Cowboy Coffee" thread who claimed it can't be called "Cowboy Coffee" because he's a real cowboy and doesn't make it that way.

Comment

Well I tested 1 1/4 cups of grounds to 5 quarts of cold well water, it was smooth but stout ( dollar general coffee)
                          I ordered some reusable cheese cloth bags to load up and try, as I couldn’t get it to settle
                          ( probably to inpatient to wait)

Comment

Working...
                          X