No announcement yet.

Gut gloves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regular latex or nitril. Bare hands if I don't have them.

Pigs I like gloves. A few things to be concerned with if you have open wounds on your hands. Which if you work with your hands you often do.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

My older brother, who is a physician, won't touch feral pigs. Part of his reason is that he heard from other colleagues (not his patient) of a West Texas hunter who had contracted hepatitis E from cleaning a feral pig. The patient suffered quite a bit until the medical community determined what it was that was making him sick.

I wear gloves when I clean deer (no hogs on our place) partly for health concerns, partly for ease of clean up, and partly for warmth. Seems like I only shoot deer when the temps. are freezing and heading south. It amazes me how warm latex gloves can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadhender View Post
        I wear dish washing gloves.
        Same here.

Comment

Blue nitrile gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslayer View Post
            I wear rubber gloves or latex but it's not because of the blood. I'm allergic to deer hair.
            Glad I'm not the only one whit this problem. I usually take a Benadryl after I see it go down....**** elk was the worst 5miles in.

But Yes, I wear gloves for easy cleanup and because I'm allergic.

Comment

Bare hands

Comment

I tried long gloves, they tore or I cut them with my knife and then can't tell if I cut myself or not LOL. Tried the normal surgical gloves, only ends up with animal blood pooled up in my hands anyway. Bare hands for me now.

Comment

Nitrile gloves here. Not just for germ protection (I've seen a nasty infection in a buddy's hand and he almost lost it), but also for clean up, and I've found that I can maintain a better grip on animal parts when I'm skinning, especially when it's really cold. To me that is added safety.

Looks like lots of folks are coming around to wearing gloves.

Comment

Bare hands

Comment

No gloves when I clean animals. I have tried it but they always get ripped.

Comment

I rarely gut anything anymore but when i do I use bare hands. I didn't realize some folks wore gloves. Do you color coordinate them with you skinny jeans?

Comment

Always wear latex/nitrile gloves when skinning/gutting/processing. Been doing it for years.

Comment

negative.

Comment

I thought about this the other day. I have never worn gloves to clean deer. But I don't gut them either. I'm sure if I were to ever kill a pig I'd probably wear some sort of gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                                Latex gloves, for years now. Ever since one of my good friends got some virus from a pig he was cleaning and cut himself. He was sick for a long time and never was himself again.
                                I read a story like this and use gloves for anything I am cleaning/processing now. Better safe than sorry.

Stopped eating raw oysters as well, rather just have them fried after I read some horror stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X