Water supply line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water supply line?

I have to run a supply line from the well to the new house. About 80 ft.
    PVC, Black Poly or PEX?

I would run black poly with no connections or splices, then transition to steel at the well and the house. PVC will have connections with the possibility of leaks.

Comment

Poly or pex but poly requires the use of but fusion machine, easy to use just requires a rental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used sched 40 in 20ft sticks with female coupling on one end for my 350 ft run. No problems as long as you use primer and hold the glued joint together for 15-20 seconds and allow time prior to pressuring up the system.

Comment

oh, I have gophers and they are known to chew black poly

Comment

Poly would be the fastest/easiest. I have run it to numerous troughs as well as the house well. Lesson learned - make sure to account for a little bit of flex in it (hot and cold/contract and expand). I did this by putting some flexible hose @ the ends and then made connections into the steel as mentioned above.

Also - I just tried this method out (see video) and it worked like a freakin champ!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I would love to use a plow. I do not think there is anything out there that could pull it thru my rock.

Comment

Poly line is easy. Just ditching it thru rock wAs a pain
                Steel connections were easy.

Comment

Pex
                  Its so easy to run and moves with the ground instead of breaking

Comment

I vote for 1" pex.

Comment

Schedule 40 PVC. Did a 1000 foot run with my dad on his place 30+ years ago. Never had a problem. Did two 300 foot runs at our Oklahoma place 5 years ago no problems. Plumber did a 30 foot run with pex last year and he has been out three times to fix leaks.

Comment

PVC has been proven for decades. Just sayin!

Comment

I ran 300' of PVC schedule 40 three years ago in rocky conditions at my place in Oklahoma. No leaks or problems so far.

Comment

1"-schedule 40 pvc belled end. Use schedule 80 female adapters and theaded nipples---do not use male adapters

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
                              I have to run a supply line from the well to the new house. About 80 ft.
                              PVC, Black Poly or PEX?
                              Plumber here!! Run pvc line so u can fix it down the road when u have a leak. Second don’t use steel anywhere or galvanized! It rusts up quick for big problems in the near future! Use brass!!

Comment

Working...
                              X