No announcement yet.

Heart Break in Hood County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow did have some white fatty material on it.

This was the other side of the arrow as it laid after pass through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
      Sorry for the bad luck. What is that mixed in with the blood? I'm seeing a couple white hairs and something that look like stomach content (gritty) or is it meat and fat? Did you give the arrow a sniff?

Smelt the arrow. No smell. Def no guts.

Comment

i think your son mostly got muscle. i'm betting that deer survives.

Comment

Sorry for your son. Weird that the deer just kinda walked away calmly after the shot. Hope you get a second chance at him

Comment

If the arrow just has meat, fat, white hair, and blood on it then I would agree all signs point to a low brisket hit and he will heal up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
              If the arrow just has meat, fat, white hair, and blood on it then I would agree all signs point to a low brisket hit and he will heal up.

This^^^

Comment

He'll be back!

Comment

Sucks! I lived the same nightmare at my place Sunday am...but deer was a goat horn spike. Bloody arrow...nothing else?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                    Sucks! I lived the same nightmare at my place Sunday am...but deer was a goat horn spike. Bloody arrow...nothing else?

A few drops of blood and one small puddle. Dried up quick and nothing.

We want a rematch!

Comment

I slowed it down on youtube and it looks like the arrow passed right under the spine...

Also looks like your bolt fish tail up and down
                      Last edited by yanta61; 10-16-2017, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Good luck on round 2

Comment

good chance to let him go now...let him reach maturity

Comment

Keep after him!!! Use it as a learning experience for your son....

Comment

It wasn't the cause for this hit, but since your son is learning, in the future, I would tell him not to shoot when the deer has their head up and in the alert position. Let them settle back down and start eating. I feel like he will get another shot at this deer, I have hit several animals there that survived. Keep his head up and keep him encouraged. Nice buck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                                It wasn't the cause for this hit, but since your son is learning, in the future, I would tell him not to shoot when the deer has their head up and in the alert position. Let them settle back down and start eating. I feel like he will get another shot at this deer, I have hit several animals there that survived. Keep his head up and keep him encouraged. Nice buck!!

Great advice! I was so shook myself that I was just pumped he let him turn broadside. We'll finish this deal. We're on a mission now!

Comment

Working...
                                X