Rosemary beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosemary beach

Who has been? Headed there this summer with the wife and kids. What is there to do? How is the wade fishing? Any tips or advice is welcome.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We are trying to fit it in our schedule now!!!!! Super nice on the high end side of life from what my wife shows me. My sister has been twice. Says it nicer than the Hamptons and Fire Island in New York State......which is incredibly swank!!! Great move on your part. My wife gets Garden & Gun magazine and Southern Living Magazine which continously do articles on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

We just booked a trip there for the first week of August so I’ll be watching this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        We are trying to fit it in our schedule now!!!!! Super nice on the high end side of life from what my wife shows me. My sister has been twice. Says it nicer than the Hamptons and Fire Island in New York State......which is incredibly swank!!! Great move on your part. My wife gets Garden & Gun magazine and Southern Living Magazine which continously do articles on it.

Uh oh, sounds like my wife will have her hand in my back pocket without me even knowing it. She booked it with some friends and told me we were going. I said we will be driving, she said fine. No telling what a house for 15 people is going to run per night/ divided by 3. If the kids have fun though, it will be worth it.

Comment

We rented a house there a couple years ago. Very nice and quiet but not too far from destin that you can’t make a run to it for the day if desired.

Comment

My parents are there now with my daughters.

Based on the pictures they have sent, crazy nice!

Comment

Rosemary beach

We went there for a week last year...one of my most favorite places in Florida by far!!!

There was a farmers market on the main drag 2 or 3 days out of the week. We got a lot of fresh seafood there and cooked most of our meals. However there are a lot of “Mom & Pop” or Boutique type restaurants with great food.

If you drive down 30A, there is “The Hub” and a few other shopping/eating type establishments. The Hub was awesome though. Good concerts and night life along with a variety of food.

We did not fish while we were there but spent a ton of time on the beach and walking around.

Last edited by CastAndBlast; 05-28-2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                If the kids have fun though, it will be worth it.

And honestly. .........that is the MOST important part!!! Enjoy!!!!

Comment

You can rent kayaks and catch pompano, kings, redfish, and cobia within a mile off the coast.

Comment

How is the snorkeling off the beach, and beach fishing? I'd prefer no guides or tours if I can prevent it.

Comment

Went about 4 weeks ago. Super swanky and a quiet little town. Stayed at the hotel on the right side of the picture above. This was our view from the room. Didn’t get to fish while I was there but did see bait getting chased and what looked like tarpon rolling from the balcony the morning we were leaving. Plenty of sand dollars to search for but if the surf got up visibility got tougher. Restaurants we went to were all pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

30A is awesome. We make at least one if not two trips per year. Prices aren't for the faint of heart but its worth it. A couple of food recs:

Red Bar- ate there for fathers day this year. Get the smoked tuna dip and egg rolls for app's.
                        Angelina's- Great Italian
                        Bruno's- Great pizza
                        Shunk Gulley's - new but really good food
                        Great Southern- you will have a wait but you can get a drink and walk around the shops while you wait.
                        Goatfeathers Seafood Market- good fresh seafood selection.
                        BBQ place at The Hub- BBQ nachos are really good.
                        Grayton Beach Brewery- very new but was really surprised how good the food is.
                        Big Bad Breakfast- I liked it, wife was so so.
                        Old Florida Fish House- big menu, good food.
                        Pickles- Good burgers and a good philly cheesesteak.

Have fun.

Comment

Rosemary beach is awesome! We have been going there for the past couple of years with our kids and friends and family.

Comment

We go to Watercolor once maybe twice a year; my wife sometimes goes more. We actually honeymooned at the Pearl hotel in Rosemary. All the above recommendations are great so I'll just say you will enjoy it very much! I didn't see it mentioned so I will add Edwards (across the street from the Pearl Hotel).

My sister and brother-in-law go with his family to Rosemary beach and he fishes often; they were just there and he caught bull reds, pompano, and an occasional adolescent shark.

Comment

I will be there in mid July. Keep this great info coming!

Comment

Working...
                              X