Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 160class View Post
    Sounds like you need a diesel Polaris and an aux tank!
    Lol, I only cruise in a Tacoma with a/c. When it is cool outside I use my topdrive.
    Diesel is more than gas

Comment

Our new place is off the grid, and the old diesel generator is really loud.

I was looking into one of the new gas Yamaha's(Yamaha EF2800i), but the logistics of getting it across the frontera is a bit daunting. Anyone attempted taking one across @ Columbia?

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post

I was looking into one of the new gas Yamaha's(Yamaha EF2800i), but the logistics of getting it across the frontera is a bit daunting. Anyone attempted taking one across @ Columbia?
        I’m taking one across at Columbia this weekend.I plan to declare and pay taxes if I have to. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Comment

That's cool, all I know is the a/c in our house will smooth kill you from hypothermia

Comment

I got an old model across years ago, I'm sure a new one will cost you a pretty penny to get across...

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner97 View Post
              I’m taking one across at Columbia this weekend.I plan to declare and pay taxes if I have to. I’ll let you know how it goes.
              Bueno suerte.
              I spent 3 hours at Columbia crossing 12 feeders a week ago. I had to go through the same process as the commercial trucks (so I was told).

My "receipt" worked fine, but they charged me a $180 "import fee" in US$ on top of the 16% in Pesos, calculated off the receipt total. Ended up being about $400 total, so not terrible for that much equipment. The time spent in the waiting area was the biggest beating.

I was told that each gringo was allowed to bring 2 "hunting items"/each -whatever that means - and anything more than 2/person would be hit w/ the additional import fee.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                They can throw a fit over just about anything. It just depends on where you cross and who you are dealing with. Nothing surprises me anymore. And a 72 gallon fuel tank in bed of the truck could create problems for you at some point. Even if it is filled through the OEM fill port (not sure how that is possible).
                Idk how they did it either, neither did he as that’s how it was when he bought it, but they managed to do it

Comment

Bueno suerte.
                  I spent 3 hours at Columbia crossing 12 feeders a week ago. I had to go through the same process as the commercial trucks (so I was told).

My "receipt" worked fine, but they charged me a $180 "import fee" in US$ on top of the 16% in Pesos, calculated off the receipt total. Ended up being about $400 total, so not terrible for that much equipment. The time spent in the waiting area was the biggest beating.

I was told that each gringo was allowed to bring 2 "hunting items"/each -whatever that means - and anything more than 2/person would be hit w/ the additional import fee.
                  So like 2 game cameras per person, or something like that?

How much did you put cost per feeder? We are doing $150... Cost us $125 to build them.

Comment

I have a Honda 3000 inverter generator. 2 years ago, during season, they charged me $100 at Columbia. The guy said to keep that receipt and I wouldn’t have to pay again. It got ruined during Harvey though.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post

How much did you put cost per feeder? We are doing $150... Cost us $125 to build them.
                      I’ve taken 10 cameras down at once in acuna and never had an issue

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                        I’ve taken 10 cameras down at once in acuna and never had an issue

Don’t ever take them new!!! They will charge you. Always make them look used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One feeder at a time is what we have been told. We take all sorts of stuff that would be deemed as “taxable” rule of thumb, make sure nothing is sticking over the bed of the truck and 99% of the time they will let you roll on through. A bunch of equipment sticking out of the bed is a sure cause for the red light. I cross at Eagle Pass and they are much easier than Columbia. I’m not sure I would be on a ranch down there that requires me to cross at Columbia. It’s an absolute nightmare.

Comment

As always everything in moderation. It can be a pain in the *** but it is what it is. You can also take gas cans they just have to be empty.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post

I put $100/feeder. It was a mix of feeders I built and old feeder barrels I had at the ranch.
                              I put several new feeder motors in the back of truck under all our bedding and bags. Hit them with spray paint so they looked used.

I don’t think the border guy we had even knew what the feeders were. The customs guy did try and look up contact info for our tx ranch, which I created the receipt for. Next time I will just use a handwritten receipt and tell them i bought them off Craigslist in San Antonio. Be sure to tell them you paid cash for the feeders.

Comment

I put $100/feeder. It was a mix of feeders I built and old feeder barrels I had at the ranch.
                                I put several new feeder motors in the back of truck under all our bedding and bags. Hit them with spray paint so they looked used.

I don’t think the border guy we had even knew what the feeders were. The customs guy did try and look up contact info for our tx ranch, which I created the receipt for. Next time I will just use a handwritten receipt and tell them i bought them off Craigslist in San Antonio. Be sure to tell them you paid cash for the feeders.

Farmdog brought one in the other day and that guy apparently knew exactly what a feeder was

Comment

Working...
                                X