Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
    Email response from Hunting Manager at BPS:

Hagerman qualification takes place Tuesday and Thursday from 1 until 6, and Saturday 9 to 12. You will need to purchase an hour in the range at 13.00 an hour and we will let you practice until you are ready then we will come score you. Just head to the range and we will set you up there.

Ted A Henderson

Hunting Manager

Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World #005

972-691-5211, tie line 105-5211

tahenderson@basspro.com
    Make sure to call ahead to make sure the range isn't being used, drove up there a few years back one saturday and the guy @ the front door tried to turn us away, saying the range was in use for an event. It took talking to about half the people in the hunting department to even find one who knew what a hagerman qualifier was. They were clueless, IMO its a smart idea to just do the qualifier at a 3d range like CCR, Texans, Mesquite etc. rather than BPS.
    Last edited by bossbowman; 06-11-2015, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
      Talked to Gayle this morning, she confirmed I was in (pending pmt and qualifying) and that the areas closed to hunting are still open to the public
      Haha

Apparently the folks at H are following this thread.

I got a call and an email bright and early this morning from Gayle concerning my post from yesterday

Just to clarify,

Big Mineral, Sandy and Godwin (hunt units) are only open to those possessing a stamped permit during the hunts

Goode, Meyers and Harris (closed to hunting) will still be open to the public

Need to line up a qualifying session at On Target I guess

Comment

Congrats to all the chosen folks! My 1st year to put in with no luck. Look forward to the live hunt threads.

Comment

Hagerman

Does anyone know where to do the hagerman qualifier shoot in Houston? Got drawn for segment B.

Comment

In! Seg C. In Houston area - my pops has used a bow shop out near Montgomery to qualify in the past. Near lake Conroe.

Comment

If u shoot Two hogs during the Hog hunt do u get A free pass to the next Deer hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by Rmoore View Post
                If u shoot Two hogs during the Hog hunt do u get A free pass to the next Deer hunt?
                no

Comment

We are doing the qualifiers during our Tuesday night shoots at the Mesquite Archery Club in Terrell. The shoot fee for non-members is $10, no extra charge for qualifying just let us know you are there to get qualified and we'll get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                    no
                    Ok thanks
                    I was trying to figure out why only draw numbers 1-11 appear on last years deer hunt list so obviously the first 24 don't necessarily correspond to the auto draw names.
                    So 20 repeats made it into the last 60 slots... Some darn good odds for them!
                    Congrats to all!

Comment

Originally posted by boomerball View Post
                      That is how i figured it. Guesstimating somewhere in the range of 110ish cards w/ 1pt not drawn this year. Certainly some of those represent 2 individuals (cards w/ buddies on them), but not sure how to guesstimate that total number of 2pt'ers into next years draw. Supposing it is 150ish and they all apply and there are about 30 golden tickets, it is a virtual lock.
                      Well, my guesstimates were off a bit for the 2016 draw. Below is copy/paste of email from FOH received today. Basically 2pts next year is pretty good odds, but not a "lock".
                      Not sure about posting the attachment, but if you applied i assume you would recieve it in email too.
                      -----

ATTN *2016* Archery Deer Hunt Permit Entrants:

This is the preference point list that will be used for the *2016* Archery
                      Deer Hunt draw at Hagerman NWR. If you feel there is an error in how many
                      points you should have, please contact the Refuge and they will research
                      your applications over the past several years. Remember, you must have
                      applied each year to maintain your points. If you did not apply, you
                      started back at 0 points.

Several hunters will likely earn a permit for 2016 by taking a doe (clean
                      shot) or 2 feral hogs this fall. There are 15 hunters with 3 points who
                      applied with hunters with 0 or 1 points this year and were, therefore, not
                      drawn. Assuming they apply by themselves or with another hunter that has 3
                      points, they will be drawn next year. More than 200 hunters will have 2
                      points. This means not everyone with 2 points will automatically be drawn
                      for 2016, unless several do not apply. 180 permits go to those hunters
                      with the most preference points, 60 permits go to all other applicants
                      equally regardless of preference points.

Comment

Qualified on Saturday, mailed my score card on Monday and received my permit today.

Come on November . . . before the deer float off!

Comment

Me and my hunting partner got our permits today.

For any new ones, bring your actual BH Ed card, and make sure you have the archery endorsement on your license.

Comment

Going to On Target Sat morning to qualify

Anybody else gonna be there?

Comment

Anyone know if Donnie Ooten still does qualifiers or even has shoots?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                                Going to On Target Sat morning to qualify

Anybody else gonna be there?
                                I think the girls and I will be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X