Suppressor ready bolt action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a bolt action, with a short barrel, either suppressor ready or will have cut and threaded. Looking for a traditional design, not one of these new fangled LRR abominations. Also, this is a ridiculous hang up I have, but its my hang up. The magazine needs to flush or close to flush with the stock.

There are so many options out there these days as to accuracy, i am a little overwhelmed.

I started by looking at Sako A7 and their Tikka brothers. Been reading good reviews on Savage, Roger, Begerra, etc. as well. Then there are a lot of options with Remington as well, but I am still skeptical to their quality/accuracy.

This is going to be a “beater” rifle or “truck gun”.

What says the green screen?

Check out what I found on GunBroker.com!https://www.gunbroker.com/item/827165200

This is your best option for a beater imo also available with 16 inch barrel
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

For a truck gun, I would get a TC compass. I know the barrel isn't 16", but you can get a decent suppressor ready rifle for around 200 bucks. Could even cut down barrel, re thread, and still only be around the $300 mark..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Let me also clarify, I am looking for something that will get sub MOA accuracy out of the box as well.

This is the reason for this thread, it seems there are a lot of options now days that I might not be aware of. I have a pretty sizable budget, but I am to understand there are a lot of options in lower priced offering that get this kind of performance.

Comment

Comment

Check out what I found on GunBroker.com!https://www.gunbroker.com/item/832445085

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
              Let me also clarify, I am looking for something that will get sub MOA accuracy out of the box as well.

This is the reason for this thread, it seems there are a lot of options now days that I might not be aware of. I have a pretty sizable budget, but I am to understand there are a lot of options in lower priced offering that get this kind of performance.
              What does this equate to in numerical terms

Comment

What caliber?

Comment

Remington 700 AAC

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I know this could be a Dodge vs. Ford vs. Chevy type thread, so I am really looking for first hand knowledge of folks that actually own something and are getting the great performance you hear about in these lower priced bolt actions.

Thanks again.

Comment

What cal are you wanting to go with? or is that up in the air too? There are so many variables it's hard to recommend anything.
                      Rem 700 300 bo
                      6.5 cread in just about any action
                      308 in just about any action
                      get a K-31 and have it cut down
                      Have Alamo Precision build you something

You could always go with a take down style rig and screw the barrel off and on to make it even shorter.

Comment

I own a Remington it shoots 1/2 inch groups at 100. Iā€™m not a professional marksman.308 16 inch barrel suppressed

Last edited by sideways; 10-31-2019, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Not settled on caliber, but .308 is my leaning. Not looking for a “build” or or special design, just a plain, out of the box option that is either already threaded or I have have machined.

Sideways, which Remington are you shooting? Thanks this is exactly the feedback I was looking for.
                          Last edited by Greenheadless; 10-31-2019, 08:27 AM.

Comment

I have the Remington 700 SPS 20" threaded barrel 243 with Leupold 4x16x40 VX3i and it's an absolute tack driver. It is my truck gun as well. Nailed a coyote from 325 yards not long ago with it. Great gun and super accurate. Punches holes on top of each other all day. Pics below are of 243. Top pic is with new stock I added.

I am currently looking at getting the Remington 700 SPS 16.5' barrel 308 or the Bergara Special Purpose 18' barrel 6.5CM.

If you like the Bergara, check out RifleGear. Cheapest place I've found the Special Purpose, $689 i believe.

For the Remington 700 SPS 16.5" 308, check out GrabAGun.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Fmjag64; 10-31-2019, 08:37 AM.

Comment

I've been impressed with the Howa MiniAction rifles. I have them in 300 Blackout and 6.5 Grendel...both are really accurate. The Blackout has a 16" barrel and the Grendel has a 20"...both threaded.

Caliber: 6.5 GRENDEL Mag Capacity: 5+1 Barrel: 20" #6 THREADED 5/8"X24, heavy barrel Rate of Twist: 1-8" Length of Pull: 13.87ā€ Length: 39. 5ā€ We

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X