Confessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
    I once was able to knock off work early.

Was so dam excited, I grabbed all my hunting gear so I thought.

I loaded up and got to my lease. I got out the SUV, went to gear up, and discovered. I did not bring my arrows. How the heck can you bow hunt and now have arrows.

I drove home in defeat.

Whew, that felt good to get off my chest.

Has not happened again.

What do you got?
    I did this exact same thing. Except, luckily in my case I had a couple of old arrows. So I didn't have to go back home.

Comment

Let me see...made it to Port Mansfield for a three day fishing trip one February. Weather was perfect. Got up the next morning, layered my clothing, put on my waders only to find two left wading boots. I drift fished while everyone else wade fished. They caught good fish, me, not so much.

Took a friend of mine and his Dad deer and hog hunting years ago. When we got up that morning the dad was looking for his shells. Nope, no shells but he had a .270 and I had a box of Remington green box 130 grain in my truck. He was excited but he looked at the box and shook his head, said, nope, the lot number is wrong, can't use them. I tried to explain it to him but he wasn't having it so my friend let his dad use his rifle and my friend took his dad's .270 with my ammo and they both killed doe lol.

Comment

I borrowed a gun and got the opportunity to harvest the biggest deer of my life. Gun was 7"low and 3" right, deer ran off other guy on the property smoked him. Not a secret, but I relive it every deer season and think about the deer that got away.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
          I borrowed a gun and got the opportunity to harvest the biggest deer of my life. Gun was 7"low and 3" right, deer ran off other guy on the property smoked him. Not a secret, but I relive it every deer season and think about the deer that got away.

Did the other guy lend you that gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
            Did the other guy lend you that gun?

Haha that’s funny. No, but should have checked after I borrowed. Thought all was good, but nope he gone.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
              watch the Ghost and the Darkness, except his experience was with a lion and he used someone else's gun.

Comment

Opening morning bow season of this year. I got to my pit blind over an hour early. Put out a little hand corn and quietly set everything up. Realized I had left my quiver on the couch back at camp which is a 45 minute drive back through the ranch. Luckily my target buck didn't show that morning. He did show that evening and I got him at 20 yards.

Comment

first hunt of this season took the bow out shot a few practice shots tuned up my pins a bit and head out. get all the way to the stand. go to knock an arrow and start the sit only to realize my entire sight is GONE. guess who forgot to tighten down the set screws before walking to the stand....................

Comment

My biggest rifle buck was killed while I was wearing my dad's dress shoes. I forgot my boots.

Comment

Not hunting related, but fishing/camping related.

I was 19, and had just finished up some major work to my Jeep. Had installed 4.88 gears, chromoly shafts, and bead locks earlier that week. It was April, and I live in far west Texas. Checked the weather, and everything was clear for the next 4 days, which I had off. I packed my tent, fishing rod, and camping gear and took my top off the Jeep (this is important). I headed West to Pecos NM to camp a few nights, and see if I could hook a few rainbows.

Well I get to Pecos, and set up camp alongside the river near Torerro (think I spelled it right). It was already later by the time I got there, so I cooked dinner and lounged about. Went to sleep that night in a brisk 55ish degrees, and expected lows in the 40s. Left the rain fly off my tent on purpose. I was awakened by being “bitter” cold and wet. The tent was dripping on me, so I got up to set on the rain fly. Stepped outside to 6” of snow. WTH!!! Set up my rainfly and tried to sleep as best I could. Woke up first thing in the morning freezing my butt off, so I packed up camp and cleaned the snow out of my topless Jeep. I started heading home 6 hours in the middle of the dang blizzard. I scooted my seat all the way forward, and turned the heater on blast. I froze til about the Texas line haha last time I decided to ever take the top completely off.

Comment

I shot a buck at my old least in Sabinal many moons ago. Took my brand new Zeiss binoculars off to field dress him. Loaded him in the truck and went to camp. Got home the next day,(4 hour drive) and realized then that I had left my binoculars by the gut pile.
                        Five sleepless nights later I was back at the lease. I didn't even go to camp. Straight out to where I had left them. Thank goodness they were still there!

Comment

My son's the one who showed up to bow hunt with no broadheads. Aside from leaving the plug out of the boat a few times, usually with guests, about all I've got is a sunglasses story. Last year we were out some place shooting some doves. I ain't confessing where, nor how many birds, lol. They were flying right from the sun into our faces, so I was wearing my Costas. I made the original purchase in 2008, and had had them repaired a couple of times under warranty. Well, after we killed all the birds and it got dark, I took the glasses off and hung them on the side of the truck bed so we could pluck birds. Drove off and forgot the glasses in the dark. Drove back the next morning, 25 miles out into the middle of nowhere, and couldn't find them. They'd fallen off somewhere on the way.

Comment

I was helping guide some clients on a early spring nilgai hunt on the Kennedy in a open top Jeep, and see a major northern cold front coming and the guy driving stops and pulls out his winter jacket from under his seat, I had nothing, it went from 80f to 40’s and rainy with a two hour ride back to my truck in shorts and a fishing shirt . Thank god for the iPhone weather app now days
                            Done way to many different stupid stuff to hijack this thread like leaving my favorite knives on the bumper after filling up a road feeders or blowing a giant hole in the hood of my brand new truck shooting at a coyote
                            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-08-2019, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X